Rhode Island Ave in College Park

  • fourwdvw
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      I was pulling out of the College Park REI yesterday and was surprised
      by the number of cyclists on Rhode Island Ave. Not a group, but many
      pretty speedy looking road cyclists going bth north and south.

      This got me thinking that perhaps people were using it to access the
      rides in the Ag and Wildlife centers
      http://www.bikewashington.org/routes/pax/index.htm

      Coming from Takoma Park, I always use the Anacostia trail network to
      get to the Greenbelt Metro station. Maybe Rhode Island is a good
      alternative, but if so where does one switch over to the east?

      Thanks

      Tom F.
    • Michael Plakus
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2004
        Sorry about the delay in replying.I was off the wire all last week.

        Sunnyside Ave about three quarters of a mile north of REI will get you over
        to the BARC. It joins Edmonston at the light just south of Beaver Dam Rd.

        Michael Plakus

        _____