Mountain Ride

  • Mary Jo Swiger
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Looks like I'll be making my bicycle trip from Fairview, WV to Capon
      Bridge, WV this Friday. Well, I'll be attempting it anyway! From my home to
      my brother-in-law's camp is 145 miles. This tour will take me up and down
      some of West Virginia's most awesome and challenging mountains via US 50
      east. I plan on heading out between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM on Friday. It's
      gonna take me all day and then some!

      I plan on making the most of this trip. It won't be long until the cold
      sets in and the snow starts flying (yuck). I'm taking my camera and "my
      time." It's been years since I've traveled US 50 east from here. My Dad
      used to take me fishing on the Capon River when I was a kid. But, I haven't
      traveled beyond Grafton on US 50 since those days.

      This mountain ride should be a good one to get me in shape for the Seagull
      Century in October. I'll keep a log on the trip and post it to the group.

      Cliff Swiger
      Fairview, WV
    • Scribe
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003

        GO CLIFF!

        ~Stephen

        Reston, VA

        p.s. – When are you going to breakdown and get your own email account and stop using your wife’s?  J