Re: Parking for Woodrow Wilson Bridge on MD side

  • charlie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2013
      Hi Jim: I believe I saw a sign "pro" parking near the entrance to the lowest lot. The lot where Jim H put his gps marker. While driving around we were not certain it was OK to park then saw a sign that made us feel better. Do not remember what it said. Many cars w/ bike racks in the lot as well. I doubt this will the situation for long. It appears like much more construction will be taking place. MGM Grand has signs of future growth. Perhaps using Oxon Cove Park for a long term solution. http://www.nps.gov/oxhi/planyourvisit/directions.htm

      As for the ride: I was surprised how 'cool' the Mt. Vernon trail was riding south to Mt Vernon. Totally shaded, breezes from the Potomac on Thursdays 93F day. Did not feel like 90+. Very nice day, thanks all for the info.

      Charlie