Sat 1/14, Community Bike Ride: East end destinations

  • Jonathan Krall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi All,

      For our next informal Alexandria BPAC ride, we will do a
      10 mile loop around the east end of Alexandria, showing how
      to get to popular eating, shopping and entertainment
      destinations via bicycle. This will be a low speed ride
      for riders of all abilities; we will be (mostly) sticking
      to low traffic roads or roads with bike lanes or bike paths.
      If we do anything tricky (like riding the section of
      Commonwealth that has sharrows instead of a bike lane),
      we'll stop and talk about it first.

      Places we'll visit (and mileage):

      00.0 Dunkin Donuts, Potomac Yard Center
      00.3 Potomac Ave side path
      00.9 Four Mile Run Trail
      01.1 Commonwealth Ave
      02.0 Del Ray (shopping, food)
      03.7 King St Metro
      04.0 Jamieson Ave
      04.6 Hoffman Center (food, movies)
      05.0 Ballenger Ave (Carlyle, food, shops)
      05.3 Bike path
      05.6 West/Roundhouse/Fayette
      05.9 Wilkes St bikeway
      06.7 Union St (Old Town, food, shops, theater)
      06.9 VeloCity Coop (Bicycle assistance)
      07.4 Pendleton St/bike path (North Old Town, food, shops)
      07.7 Montgomery St
      08.0 Powhatan St
      08.5 Rt 1 Bridge (Potomac Greens, food)
      08.7 Potomac Ave
      09.8 Potmac Yard Center (food, movies, shops)
      10.0 Dunkin donuts

      When: Saturday January 14, 10 am - 1 pm
      Where: Dunkin Donuts, Potomac Yard center
      3325 Jefferson Davis Highway (Rt 1)
      Bring: Yourself, a bicycle, water, a sense of adventure
      Cost: None, but limited to 30 riders

      RSVP: jonathan@...

      This ride will go ahead unless steady or heavy rain is expected.
      We look forward to seeing you there!

      Jonathan Krall