Alexandria Complete Streets Ordinance--please speak up by Wednesday afternoon, 1/5

  • Jonathan Krall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi All,

      Sorry to be so last minute, but I just learned that the
      Alexandria Transportation Commission seems to be on the verge
      or recommending that the City of Alexandria adopt a
      "Complete Streets Policy" rather than a "Complete Streets Ordinance."
      The distinction is that a policy can be ignored
      (Virginia has a "policy," not that you'd notice).

      --> Action: If possible, please write to the Alexandria
      Transportation Commission by Wednesday afternoon (January 5)
      in support of a "Complete Streets Ordinance."
      Write to: TransportationCommission@...

      My e-mail to the Commission appears below--copy anything you
      want from it (or the whole thing) for use in your own e-mail.
      For more info, see http://alexandriava.gov/TransportationCommission

      Thanks!

      Jonathan Krall
      (please forward this message as appropriate)