The Perfect Hybrid Ride - Saturday, May 4

  • bikewashingtonlauren
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      THE PERFECT HYBRID RIDE

      Join us on this jaunt of fun trails just north of DC. This ride is
      comprised of mostly paved trails, some stream crossings, a tough
      KILLER hill (up) made of gravel that is walkable only, some on-road
      riding where you must be somewhat comfortable riding with traffic,
      and some great natural sceneries to bring in the spring.

      The ride takes us on the Indian Creek Trail, the Northeast Branch
      Trail, the Northwest Branch Trail and on-road riding. It will take
      us through neighborhoods from Greenbelt to Berwyn Heights, to College
      Park to Adelphi, and back to the beginning.

      This is a fun, fun ride. Hybrid and mountain tires are doable for
      this one. I do not recommend road bikes due to the changing terrain.

      This will be a casual ride. I will not have a sweep. I expect avg.
      speed to be around 10 mph (this is pretty casual). I will provide
      cue sheets. We will stick together as a group on this one. Plan on
      a few hours for the ride.

      What:
      The Perfect Hybrid Ride

      When:
      Saturday, May 4

      Time:
      Meet at 9am

      Where:
      Greenbelt Metro Station
      Park and Ride lot #3B

      You must send me an email if you're coming on this ride. If I
      make a
      change in the plans I will only email those who sent me a note. I
      will not post the change on the listserve. I will also send a
      blanket email with directions to the metro station on Friday.
    • bikewashingtonlauren
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE!

        MEET TIME CHANGED TO 10:00 am!

        I also forgot to mention that this ride is 21.6 miles.

        --- In BikeWashingtonDC@y..., "bikewashingtonlauren" <lauren@b...>