Re: [BikeWashingtonDC] Woodrow Wilson Bridge

  • Jonathan Krall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      On Fri Apr 30 15:54 , "GW" sent:

      > The Bike Path on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge is wonderful
      > except for the jolt when you ride across the expansion joints.
      > Is there a solution to this problem; perhaps some type of rubber
      > covering over the joints?
      >
      > If many cyclists complain, maybe something could be done.
      >
      > Who is the authority to contact about this?

      You are right that those expansion joints pack a significant
      jolt--I have a handlebar light that is sometimes jolted right
      off my handlebar!

      I asked the Alexandria Bike/Ped Program guy, Yon Lambert, about
      it and he said:

      > Maryland National Capital Park + Planning manages most of it
      > [Alexandria] City "manages" only the section on the Va side

      The website for MNCPPC is http://www.mncppc.org/
      I looked and saw no mention of the Wilson Bridge Bike Path,
      but I didn't look very hard. Also, the project isn't
      officially finished, so there may be some confusion as
      to who is in charge of the finished bits.

      Jonathan