July 4th

  • George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006

      Hi Gang.

      We should be enjoying a Mattituck ride on July 4th, but we have another tricky weather forecast to deal with.  Because the prediction refers to thunderstorms and not just showers, my decision (to be made at 6am on the 4th) will probably be on the safe side.  If you plan to ride, be sure to call.

      Our biker's tribute page to Fast Eddie has been added to our website, and I've told Ed's family about it.  I plan to add a picture of Ed, and am hoping to get lets of comments from Ed's biker friends.  If you have a memory of a special time with Ed or a funny story, or just want to say "goodbye", please send anything at all to gjwbiker@....  It doesn't have to be a work of literary greatness - just some acknowledgment of the kindest and most generous guy this group may ever see.  (e.g., "Goodbye, Ed", will do).  Ed's web page is here:  http://hometown.aol.com/gjwbiker/ed_urbach.htm.

      Have a safe and happy 4th.

      George.