Montauk - Block Island Ferry

  • George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009

      Since we've been considering a trip to Block Island on Sunday 6/7, I thought I'd share some information about the ferry.  Some of this information might affect your decision to go.

      Since the last time our group went from Montauk to Block Island, the ferry has been replaced with a high-speed boat featuring a stable anti-seasickness design.  The trip now takes one hour, where I believe the prior boat took an hour and 45 minutes.  That's the good news.

      The fare is $75 per person round trip, plus $10 per bike.  That's the bad news.

      If, for any reason, we decide not to go to Block Island, we'll have no problem riding around Montauk and exploring some off-the-beaten-path places.  Some of the places that we don't go to on our Saturday ride, include Camp Hero (former military base and alleged site of underground experiments with mind control and time travel), Montauk Manor (grand old hotel), Culloden Point (nice views), and another park that was formerly a submarine base.

      See you in Montauk.

      George.