hey guys

  • Bruce Ludwick, Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      Brian,

      Great group your starting. We've had convos on the HT4100 group I
      think about your new Eldo and the '78 Biarritz I am looking it.

      Just to fill y'all in...I am looking at a 1978 Eldorado Biarritz
      coupe with sunroof and two-tone interior (one of 200 made.) I live
      in Morgantown, WV and attend WVU as a music major. Understandably,
      my income is very low! However, the interior in this Eldo has seen
      better days, as have the plastic filler panels and some paint. The
      guy who's selling it wants $1200...I can only go to $700-1000, so
      I'm waiting it out a little bit. It has 64,000 miles and might even
      have the factory CB. It is a once-Florida car and is in good
      running condition, as far as I can tell.

      I never was much of a fan of the Eldos, since they're front wheel
      drive and I generally prefer Fleetwood Broughams, but this Biarritz
      has got me very interested. All the convertibles running around are
      pretty nice, too!

      Bruce
    • Bruce Ludwick, Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
        Brian,

        How much are the fillers? I will need the three rear ones (below
        the trunk/license plate) if I get this Biarritz. Just wondering...

        Bruce

        PS-You mean cheap to run as in bad on gas? I am assuming that if I
        get it...however, I thought operating cost was pretty low...the
        powertrain should be pretty indestructible!

        ---- In Big_Eldorado@yahoogroups.com, "76ELDO" <76eldo@c...> wrote:
        > Bruce,
        >
        > Glad to hear from you. Those 78 Biarritz's are very cool, and
        truly are the LAST of the Biggies. It won't be cheap to run though,
        even though it will be cheap to buy.

        > I just bought some plastic fillers for the rear of my '76. I
        think all of the bumper extensions were already changed, but the 3
        rear horizontal pieces are decent, but cracked.

        > I bought these from North Yale Auto parts, but when I test fit
        them, they don't line up exactly with the tail light. the guy at
        North Yale assured me that they have been selling these for many
        years, and if I adjust the tail light (which he claims has
        adjustment slots on the mounting) all will be well.

        > I have not had time this week to get out in the garage and try
        this, but I need to "dry fit" these before I send them out for paint.

        > If anyone else has info on bumper fillers, kindly fill us in?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Brian
      • Big_Eldos
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
          Bruce,

          Yes, I was referring to gas.

          I paid $58.00 for each of the 3 pieces.

          I will let you know if I can get them to fit correctly or not.

          Thanks,

          Brian
        • 76ELDO