Big Blue '76 Eldo Converible

  • T
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2004
      Hey Everyone.... I just stumbled on this group and joined today.

      I have a couple of questions for anyone in the group who may know:

      I need to replace the Cruise Control Transducer... I found NOS for a
      1970 Eldo---- will it fit the '76?

      Also....

      Some wind noise at highway speeds coming from the conv top. Any
      words of advice for troubleshooting this before jumping right into
      replacing seals?

      Thanks.
      tom
    • Big_Eldos
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2004
        Tom,

        Welcome to the group.

        I have a master parts book, but it starts at 1976.  If you give me that part number, I will look it up to see if it interchanges.

        As far as wind noise, there will always be some, even with good weather stripping, but if your is shot, replacing it may help.

        Make sure your windows are adjusted properly and are lined up when the windows are up.

        Thanks,

        Brian
      • ttt
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2004
          Hi Brian,

          Thanks for the response.  The part number I'm looking at is NOS GM AC PART.PART NUMBER 6465692 .  I'm wondering if it will fit my '76 Eldosaurus.  :-)

          Thank you for your help.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 22, 2004
            Tom,

            I looked this part up in my parts catalog, and here is the number I came up with:

            6466058

            The book says it fits "all 1976" models.

            That's not to say that the one you have won't work, but it will have at least some differences.

            The book does not have a numerical index, so I couldn't look up the part number that you gave me.

            There are a lot of knowledgeable people at the Cadillac Club message forum.  Try clicking here, join up, and put out a request for info:

            Good Luck,

            Brian

          • ttt
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2004
              Thank you Brian-- I owe you one!   I appreciate you going through the trouble of lookign that up for me-- you saved me a lot of grief!

              Peace,