New Top for 76

  • bbouxse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10 8:50 PM
      Hello All,

      I am finally tackling the top on my 76, and I have a few questions.

      1. How do the hold down cables route through the top mechanism. I
      have new ones installed on the bare mechanism right now just to make
      adjustments. Do the cables go through the inside of the "Side Roof
      Outer Rear Rail"? That is how I have them now, but this seems to
      cause chaifing of the cable. Anyone have some pictures of how this is
      supposed to work?

      2. I know several manufacturers still offer tops for these cars. Are
      there ones I should avoid?

      3. I have a pretty good reference book purchased from Hydro-e-lectric.
      It has most of the information I need. Anything else I need to know
      about doing this job?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated

      Ben