In Dash Radio

  • Big_Eldos
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Pascal,

      Thanks for the pictures, and the advice.

      I have always preferred to keep my cars original, but I am also a musician, and I need to be able to enjoy my favorite Cd's while I am driving.  It's a bit of a stretch to get to the controls, and I don't want to drive with the glove box open.

      I am sure that I can find a dash trim piece here in the US, and I would rather cut a "spare" part so that I can always put it back to stock.

      I will let you know how it works out.

      Thanks,

      Brian
    • Pascal Weissert
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        Brian

        you can find the solution, if you fits a Radio/CD with Remote Control, some friends here in Switzerland they put a Radio/CD on the Glove Box with Remote Control, and it works very well, so I do...and finally you can close the glove box always.

        have a good time

        Pascal

        Big_Eldos <76eldo@...> wrote:
        Pascal,

        Thanks for the pictures, and the advice.

        I have always preferred to keep my cars original, but I am also a musician, and I need to be able to enjoy my favorite Cd's while I am driving.  It's a bit of a stretch to get to the controls, and I don't want to drive with the glove box open.

        I am sure that I can find a dash trim piece here in the US, and I would rather cut a "spare" part so that I can always put it back to stock.

        I will let you know how it works out.

        Thanks,

        Brian

        Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB kostenlosem Speicher

      • Bruce Ludwick, Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
          Brian,

          If on-the-fly changeability isn't a huge issue, go the trunk-mounted
          CD changer route. When I get the money, I plan on getting one of
          the trunk mounted changers that works via FM radio with the stock
          head unit. This might not offer the best sound quality, but I want
          to keep the original AM/FM/CB tape deck in my '85 Brougham. I would
          think replacing speakers in a '76 with more current units might be
          good, too...do the convertibles even have rear speakers? I think
          the coupe has 6x9s in the back...

          Bruce

          --- In Big_Eldorado@yahoogroups.com, "Big_Eldos" <76eldo@c...> wrote:
          > Pascal,
          >
          > Thanks for the pictures, and the advice.
          >
          > I have always preferred to keep my cars original, but I am also a
          musician, and I need to be able to enjoy my favorite Cd's while I am
          driving. It's a bit of a stretch to get to the controls, and I
          don't want to drive with the glove box open.

          > I am sure that I can find a dash trim piece here in the US, and I
          would rather cut a "spare" part so that I can always put it back to
          stock.

          > I will let you know how it works out.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Brian
        • Big_Eldos
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
            The speakers have been changed in the car, not that long ago, by the previous owner.  There are 2 6 X 9's in the rear well (factory location)  they are mounted facing the rear of the car, so when the top is down, you just hear some bass.

            I draw the line at adding extra speakers in the doors or side panels; I would never mutilate a beautiful stock interior.

            Thanks for your input...

            Regards,

            Brian