Re: [Big_Eldorado] question

  • Brian Rachlin
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 20, 2013
      Sounds like an aftermarket hood lock/security system.
      I have one on another car. It has a barrel type key on it.
      When locked, it locks down the hood and kills the ignition.

      Hope this is helpful.

      Thank you,

      Brian Rachlin
      (Sent from my iPhone)

      On Apr 20, 2013, at 5:19 AM, Diablo Man <diablo.mann@...> wrote:

      Dear fellows

      Hello there
      i 've got a cadillac eldorado biarrits 1975 & wonder if any of you know anything about a part in the car,
       under the dashboard, where attached to it, these words are written on a plate:

      Chapman
      chicago ILL.
      KaR-LoK
      Pat no. *******

      please inform me if u found anything out,
      sencerely yours
      PEZHMAN

    • Diablo Man
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 20, 2013
        dear brian
        hi
        thanks for your time. it will be a great help.

        sencerely
        Pezhman

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 20, 2013

          I have one on an 85 Convertible.

          I disconnected the engine kill wire on it and once the hood lock cable that is the Chapman part got stuck in the locked position.  Look under the hood and see if there is a second cable and a lock plate there.  If so, make sure you lube it.  If you intend to use it and have the key, try it a few times with the hood up to make sure the cable moves freely and will release.  Otherwise, if you lock it with the hood down and the cable is stuck, you will have a real problem.

          These were in use when the cars were new and driven daily. Collector cars stored in garages are less of a theft risk these days.  I'd consider removing it or dis-abling it.

          Brian
        • Diablo Man
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 26, 2013
            hi.
            thanks for your concern and time.
            Pezhman

            Message 5 of 16 , May 6, 2013
              Dear fellows
                      Hello;

              I have an  Eldorado - Eldeora 1975 and wonder if there are any books , brochures  or manual scripts about it,
              which contain "Servicing or Repairing Tips" or "User Manuals" or "Technical Drawing maps".

                      thanks in advance
                      Pezhman
            • Roland Ducommun
              Message 6 of 16 , May 6, 2013

                --
                For cars Collectors check what we have for sale to day
                at
                Message 7 of 16 , May 6, 2013
                  The modifications that were made to the car are all cosmetic in nature.
                  Therefore the factory owners book and shop manual will have all of the info you need to maintain and improve the car.

                  Walter Miller,  www.autolit.com will have sales literature.

                  Thank you,

                  Brian Rachlin
                  (Sent from my iPhone)