Water pump

  • Annie B
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
      Hi Guys!

      Hope everyone is having a great time cruising in their Eldorados!

      I need a new water pump. I was wondering if this is something to buy salvage off an old Caddy or buy brand new? I'm trying to maintain the integrity of my car as much as possible. It is almost totally original.

      If the consensus is buy brand new, are there any recommendations as far as manufacturers or places to buy a good pump? I really, really don't want to put any cheap junk in my car. I want something which will last and not devalue my car at all. More importantly, I don't want equipment failure and be sitting on the edge of the road in a broken down car and crying like the little girl I am!

      Any help, advice, recommendations would be most appreciated. Thanks to everyone who replies!

      Ann-Marie
    • Denis Davey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
        I checked at www.rockauto.com which is usually a good place to get AC/DELCO parts, and they have it for my 78, and for 74, and 68, those are the only years I checked,but whichever year yours is, they most likely have it. I'm like you, I like to keep my Eldorado fitted with genuine GM parts aka, AC/DELCO parts.
        Hope this helps.
        Dennis

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
          Thank you so much, Dennis. I truly appreciate it! That is a HUGE help!

          Ann-Marie