question, 1974 Eldorado

  • J K Rau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2011

      I have a set (2) Cadillac red rubber floor mats.  The rear mat is in fairly good shape.  The front full size, one piece mat has several tears. Fortunately, these tears are at the edges of the mat.  Has anyone found a satisfactory way to repair an original ?  I have used “duct tape”, but the summer heat and the mat material do not agree with the tape’s adhesive.  It melts and ends up on the cars carpet.  Also has anyone found a supplier of good reproductions of the Cadillac red mats, for an ’74 Eldorado?

      JIM