Re: lights...and cruise control

  • Mark C. Zweig
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
      Thanks for the advice. I now have intermittent operation of my high beams. That's better
      than never!

      One other problem..

      My cruise control is not hooked up. No vacuum line to the diaphram. My car is a decent car-
      -not a rat--all clean underhood. The only vacuum line missing is one from the bottom of
      the aircleaner and the cruise control diaphram. I connected these two. Still does not seem to
      have enough vacuum to operate the cruise. Is this where the cruise control vacuum line is
      supposed to run? If anyone knows, please pass it on. And yes, I am looking for a shop
      manual! Thanks!

    • Tony
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2009
        Don't mess with the cruise till you get the manual. If you get it
        hooked to the wrong spot you could get yourself in serious trouble.
        The diaphragm hose goes to a T that goes to the brake pedal and to the
        little gearbox thing on the firewall with the speedo cables in it.
        There is several fittings on that unit and a few more T's. Ultimately
        the vacuum source for the whole works is a T in the intake manifold on
        the back passenger side. The same T feeds vacuum to the sensor in the
        air cleaner and from there to the door motor in the snorkel of the air
        cleaner. Again, make sure you get a copy of the manual, you dont want
        to have that thing suck in and 'floor it' on you.
      • argylejaguar
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 12, 2009
          Mark,
          I posted a 1976 cruise diagram in the files section. It's a word doc.
          They are similiar to 1972. You can get a 1972 shop manual and Fisher
          Body manual from USA Parts Supply 304-724-6600. Web is
          www.usapartsupply.com
          They advertise for them $58.95 in Hemmings Motor News. Get a copy of
          this publication for $6.00 at Barnes and Noble or Books a Million or
          other magazine racks. It has sources of things Cadillac as well as
          other makes. I may also post a cruise diagnosis sheet as well.
          Good luck.
          Chris