1973 pace car details

  • Joseph
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2005
      Anyone know a good source (web or book) about as many details of the
      1973 pace Eldorado convert.? I may try and mimic it as I'm about to
      own a '73 in the correct colors. Thanks, -Joseph
    • Rikard Stenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2005
        Hi!
        Yes, there is a authentication guide published by Tim Pawl / The
        Cadillac-LaSalle Club for these Indy 500 pace car replicas:
        Class 24A: 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Pace Car (first edition)
        $40 US ($50 US for non-CLC members)

        To order your Authenticity Manual(s), make your check payable to
        Cadillac-LaSalle Club, Inc. and mail to:

        Authenticity Manual
        5612 Tunbridge Crossing
        Ft. Wayne, IN 46815

        Don't forget to include your mailing address and, if you're a member,
        your Cadillac-LaSalle Club membership number. If you fail to include
        your membership number, you will be charged the non-member price for the
        manual(s).

        But, I would recommend that you don't make a copy of the replica's -
        locate one of the real replicas instead. I own one of them and keep an
        eye out for other replica's just for fun and they are available on eBay,
        traderonline.com, hemmings, etc. now & then...

        You will probably find one within a few months of searching, finding a
        really good one might take longer.

        Always check the convertible top mechanism if that works OK on these
        cars, also the drive axles/front wheel bearings seems to be prone to
        wear. And as usual, try to buy the best car you can find, that will be
        the least expensive deal in the long run - but finding one that is
        really nice could take some time - it took me several years to find the
        one I have now. The first I bought from Texas was a "mess" with missing
        parts, a mistreated engine, lot's of incorrect interior parts, etc...

        Good luck and let me know if I can be of any more assistance!
        /Rikard Stenberg (rikard.stenberg@...)

        PS There is a photo of my pace car replica in the Photos section on the
        Big_Eldorado pages...