happy october !

  • mrjb9475
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 4, 2008
      just wanted to say hey i hope everyone is driving their car as much
      as they can before winter and getting prepaired for the projects they
      want to do on their eldo i am looking to get better mufflers i already
      have duals but just regular quiet aluminized i am looking to get a
      good deep mellow sound not to load so any suggestions are welcome
      thanks MRJB
    • Marc Cohen
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 5, 2008

        Glad to spread some happiness!

        Marc

        From: Marc Cohen <marc@mlcesq. com>
        To: Big_Eldorado@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 10:10 AM

        Todd:

        I had those wreathe rattles too.  They are somtimes not so easy to fix because they shake loose after tightening and mallotting the hubcaps back on.  If that doesn't take care of the rattles down there, I think there are also 'rattle clips' on the brake pads that tend to disintigrate and can cause rattles. Good luck.

        Marc

        From: Marc Cohen <marc@mlcesq. com>
        To: Big_Eldorado@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 2:30 PM

        Todd:

        It was I who originally posted regarding the rearward hood stops.  I too am so thrilled about my new 'quite' ride!  Squeaks and rattles always make me crazy so I'm pretty sure that owning a 70's GM Convertible is pure insanity.  The adjustments have helped significantly, but I was thinking of replacing my somewhat worn rubber capped posts to better reduce the noise, but will try the felt discs instead.  Fixing one problem often presents another though, so be careful any of you who might try tinkering with these as, when you adjust the posts for a snug fit you may rasie how the hood seats at the rear.  I recomend fighting off any impulse to then trying to adjust the hood hinges for a lower seating as adjusting will usually throw off the hood alignment in ways you can't imagine (trust me).  Todd, glad to have helped to impress your wife!

        Marc