      Subject: [Big_Eldorado] NOS power antenna
      To: "Big_Eldorado@yahoogroups.com" <Big_Eldorado@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "<big_eldorado@yahoogroups.com>" <big_eldorado@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 3:52 PM

      I have 3 brand new Delco power antennas for
      77-78 Eldorado's.  these are NOS Delco in the
      original boxes. $249.00 each
      Free shipping to members.

      Thank you,
      Brian Rachlin(Sent from my
      iPhone)
      On Mar 2, 2014, at 6:36 PM, "Joe Rakes" <jrakes1@...>
      wrote:

      Long time, Gang! My sincere
      wishes that things are going well for everyone and everybody
      is enjoying some fun Cadillac Style! I know I am, although
      I've been out of touch for quite some time. I do still
      try to keep up, but simply haven't had the time to be
      involved.  Life continues to change and,
      after such a turn 10 yrs ago or so to help take care of my
      critically ill / dying step-dad, I no longer had the time /
      facilities to enjoy the classic Caddies as I had, things
      have taken another turn. Without going into too many
      details, suffice to say I'm once again shuffled about
      and am taking care of my critically ill dad. My best friend
      in the entire world, and it's a totally exhausting and
      trying situation, although I wouldn't trade it for
      anything. It is what it is and we do what we have to do! I
      have a brutal work schedule, but don't begrudge a moment
      of any of it for his sake!  But more related to the group:
      My previous diversion ~10 yrs ago to help in a similar
      situation with my step-dad, I had to pretty much give up my
      garage / shop facilities to play with my old cars.
      Fortunately, my mother & step-dad had a mini-storage
      facility so I could hold onto the cars. Well, that's
      changing now. I've moved to take over full-time care (in
      addition to a full-time+ job w/ a brutal schedule) to look
      after dad and mom is finally retiring and selling the
      storage business.
       SO!!! My point: I
      still have a couple of cars that HAVE to be dispositioned in
      the next couple of weeks. Definitely no later than the end
      of March.  There's the '77
      Seville, which some of you might recall. And the '81
      Fleetwood, which some of you might recall.  The Seville: This car has the
      original Cadillac EFI system, which I totally loved. It was
      perfectly working when parked. Some of you might recall the
      rebuild project I undertook some years ago. EVERYTHING from
      the driveshaft forward and tires upward was totally rebuilt.
      Total engine (blueprinted) & tranny (data available for
      all I did,) suspension, steering, ALL ancillary stuff,
      everything was rebuilt / reconditioned and made "as
      new." Right down to cleaning the wiring harnesses. The
      problem was: After about 25k miles, I think a piston broke.
      Not totally sure. That was about the time I had some major
      health problems of my own and simply wasn't able to
      thoroughly diagnose, much less address, so it was parked.
      Then other life things happened...  The FB: This is a DEFI / MD
      car w/ the 368, last of the "big" Cadillac
      engines. This was a daily driver and had no mechanical
      problems. The MD was working perfectly when parked. It had
      some typical era damage due to aging, as well as some body
      damage from the ex, but was mechanically great and reliable
      (besides being incredibly comfortable!)  Both cars have a THM-400
      (short tail) and neither had any issues when parked.  The major issue with both of
      these cars is the fact they've been sitting for years. I
      haven't driven the Seville since the problem occurred in
      '00, and I haven't had a chance to drive the FB
      since getting the (current daily driver) '94 FB in late
      '97 (after the '74 Eldo Conv was crashed.)
      They've simply suffered, much to my dismay, from
      neglect. Life has dealt some twists and turns, none of which
      have been in favor of my beloved old Caddies...  To be honest, I view both of
      them as "parts cars" at this point, mostly
      mechanical. They both are in poor condition visually, body
      and trim. All accessories (electronic features and such)
      were in good working order when last driven but, the fact
      is, they've both been sitting for years. We all know how
      that takes a toll on things, so I make no promises as to
      what might still be in good working condition or not. All I
      can say is that each was a perfectly functioning daily
      driver when last driven, and both were maintained to the
      highest standards during their service lives.  so here's the offer: I
      HAVE to dispose of both cars by the end of March. No ifs,
      ands, or buts. And I do NOT want to see either of them go to
      a salvager / recycler / crusher. I will happily GIVE either
      / both of these cars to anyone in this group who can come
      and retrieve them - For parts, for restoration, for
      whatever, in the interest of our common love and hobby with
      Classic Cadillacs. Seriously: If any of you can come and get
      one or both of these vehicles, they are FREE for the
      offering. I would much rather them be used for that purpose
      than see them destroyed. If no one can arrange pickup,
      however, their fate is much more grim - They must be
      disposed of before the end of March.  I'm located in Kingsport,
      in Upper-East Tennessee (the corner next to the VA state
      line.) The cars are pretty easily accessible just off a
      major highway (US 11-W) on the west side of town. I would
      WELCOME any one of you to come and retrieve one or both. I
      truly do not want to see them disposed of in a brutal manner
      - These cars have provided me with many miles and years of
      pleasure and reliable motoring, so I would much prefer to
      see at least parts of them continue on in the tradition by
      which our hobby thrives! As such, I will happily and freely
      donate them for free to anyone who can make use of
      them.  I know the weather this winter
      has been / continues to be an issue. But I would LOVE to
      donate these to an interested party rather than see them
      destroyed!  Let me know... They're
      waiting on you for rescue! :)  All the best, Happy Motoring
      and, more importantly, Happy Cadillacing, everyone!  Joe
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic