2448RE: [Big_Eldorado] RE: Eldorado Exhaust Removal

  • Stephan Kozanda
    Jan 1, 2014

      Robert,

      Glad to read that you still have your triple orange ’75, we have to get our two cars together one day …

      Ron,

      it’s been a few years now since I completely dismantled a ’75 Eldorado and just realized that I have the photos still online. Check out the full album if you got time

      www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/index.html

      but more specific to your problem are the following photos (you will notice that the LH exhaust pipe stayed in place until I had the engine/trans out.

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/slides/DSCF6506.html

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/slides/DSCF6511.html

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/slides/DSCF6586.html

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/slides/DSCF6589.html

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/slides/DSCF6596.html

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/75eldobeater/Disassembly/slides/DSCF6638.html

      Btw, the factory mounted the engine & trans in the rolling chassis first and then the body (firewall back) was bolded onto the frame. Don’t know when the exhaust was mounted though.

      Stephan

      Ron,
       Stephan  ( triple orange 75 Eldo Convertible ) is very knowledgeable and also very detailed in explanation.
      Robert
      ( also a triple orange 75 Eldo Convertible )

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic