2443RE: [Big_Eldorado] Eldorado Exhaust Removal

  • Stephan Kozanda
    Dec 31, 2013

      On a ’75 you have two separate pipes for each side that attach to a T-block (just ahead of the converter) with flanges. Even if you unbolt both flanges on the LH pipe you do not have enough space to remove the pipe either from the top or from the bottom. This is due to the curvature of the LH pipe and there being other obstructions like the torsion bar which make it impossible to maneuver the pipe much.

      http://www.houseofcadillacs.com/cars/mandarin/technical/exhaust/slides/DSCF8297.html

      Stephan

      As big as these cars are, you can't drop the pipe from the bottom?  How about if you unbolt both flanges and drop the y pipe as a unit?

      I have a 76 with worn out original exhaust.

      Anyone know of an earlier system, pre-converter is a bolt in?

      Thank you,

      Brian Rachlin

      (Sent from my iPhone)

      On Dec 31, 2013, at 1:46 PM, "Jim" <jkrau@...> wrote:

      I agree My ’74 Eldorado convertible does Not have a catalytic converter, and a single exhaust.  I believe my 1970 and 1967 Eldoradoes had dual exhaust.

      The GM 1974 Shop Manual, I have,  basically lists standard instructions, nothing special, except the dip stick support pipe hardware

      Happy New Year

      Jim