Riley Bicycles

  • freetopaddle2007
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      Anyone know anything about em?
      Casual conversation with this gal reveals she (or her parents) have a Riley Bicycle.
      English (yes, I know the same folks who made the car were into making bicycles)
      I haven't seen the bike so I don't have a badge photo or any serial numbers.
      The gal says it's very light in weight (single speed?)
      Wanted to get her some info on when they were made and some of the basics (maby a link) and she can go from there.
      (Yeah..I'm thinking maby she'll want to sell it ;O/ )
      Rich Mc.
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- In Bicycle_Restoration@yahoogroups.com, "freetopaddle2007" <freetopaddle2007@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know anything about em?

        Rich--is she from the South? Like Texas? A Riley sounds pretty much like Raleigh down there; as in "ma daddy gots this old bicycle he bought when he wuz a kid, at a bicycle stow--ah think it's a Ri-ley..."

        If it really is a Riley, talk real sweet to her.

        http://www.britishmm.co.uk/history.asp?id=751

      • dlhughes001@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009

          Awright, now, don't y'all be makin' fun o' Texas accents. I have one that is for real, and I'm quite proud of it.

          Besides, 'Raleigh' in 'tex-onics' would sound more like 'Rawly'. It's hard to try to type the difference between Riley and Raleigh in Texan phonetics, but I could clearly demonstrate it vocally.

          And would that 'Riley' car maker be 'Riley & Scott', who build racing chassis?

          Dave Hughes
          Austin, Texas

          Rich--is she from the South? Like Texas? A Riley sounds pretty much like Raleigh down there; as in "ma daddy gots this old bicycle he bought when he wuz a kid, at a bicycle stow--ah think it's a Ri-ley..."

          If it really is a Riley, talk real sweet to her.

          http://www.britishm m.co.uk/history. asp?id=751

          Find low prices on energy efficient fluorescent lighting. Click now!