crank puller

  • Frank Ruggiero
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hi Bike Experts,

      Here is a very simple question for you. I just want to double check
      with you before I order. I need a crank arm puller. Can I use the one
      for squared tapered cranks like this one?

      http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=26&item=CCP%2D22

      I have a 1974 Schwinn Le Tour.

      Forgive my ignorance, I am so new to this.

      Thanks in advance.

      -Frank
    • sm2501@aol.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
          I've been looking for one of these. Apparently its new (replacement for ccp=2) and Park Tool says they have started shipping them. Can't find any in local bike shops. Did see one listing for it at Cambria Bikes. Anyone know of any other internet retailers carrying it?

          Jack
        • Rick Paulos
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008
            google, shopping, 45 hits.

            At 05:38 PM 11/3/2008, you wrote:

            I've been looking for one of these. Apparently its new (replacement for ccp=2) and Park Tool says they have started shipping them. Can't find any in local bike shops. Did see one listing for it at Cambria Bikes. Anyone know of any other internet retailers carrying it?

            Jack

          • Steve Birmingham
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2008

              If you don’t have to have the new version Harris Cyclery has the ccp-2.

              They say the new tip turns easier, but I’d have to see one to see just how they could do that without making it weaker.

              The ccp-6 is actually a bit more useful as it does square taper and splined bottom brackets with interchangeable tips.

              Steve

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
                Jack-

                I have some in stock at my shop. $14.99 plus $5.00 shipping.

                Gieve me a call at 817-268-6572. If I am not here, you can place an order with Ben.

                Thanks,

                Scott McCaskey
                Bicycles Inc