RE: [Bicycle_Restoration] Newfound respect for old Schwinns

  • bhufford3@mchsi.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 1, 2005
      My first new Schwinn in '73 was a Super Sport. My brother and I both picked
      out Opaque Blue models that day. Thanks Dad!

      Six months later mine was gone -- stolen off the front porch in the middle of
      the day (where it was locked with a heavy cable). My brother still has his and
      was talking of selling it on eBay as he hasn't ridden it in 20 years (and
      thinks it might be worth something and doesn't really trust me to tell him
      otherwise). I'm trying desparately to talk him out of it and will roll a
      couple of trade bikes past him this week as I try to get him back on a bike
      that he will ride (more upright, etc.). I'm hoping he will start riding with
      me and Dad (now 75) on Saturday mornings on the local bike paths and rail-
      trails.

      I've had a half-dozen Super Sports in the last few years and have a '73 Opaque
      Blue in a million pieces in the shed, but I'd love to have the twin of my
      original one even though it's not in the best of shape. If it does end up on
      eBay, you all stay away from it! ;-)

      Bob Hufford
      Springfield, MO
    • Frederick Miles
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 3, 2005

        I have a Schwinn Criss Cross –Touring.  I’m thinking of selling.  Picture album is posted at the group site.  What price should I ask?

        I also have a Ladies Suburban to restore.  How much will it sell for if in pristine condition?

        Thanks

        Fred