Last huzzah.......... well, for the moment at least.

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      I'm heading out on a 'road trip' at the end of the week to pick up
      the last 3 bicycles I'm allowing myself to have for this year. Yes,
      I must learn self discipline and no longer feel compelled to own
      every old bicycle I come across.
      This year I've become a right little Raleigh girl as most of my
      'hoard' are Nottingham built Raleighs with Hercules running second
      and Phillips lagging well behind. So I shall be off to collect a
      Raleigh gents 'Granada', an early postwar gent's Raleigh with a
      Brooks saddle and a well used possible late pre-war Raleigh Ladies
      roadster also with a Brooks saddle. The 'Granada' was a last minute
      impulse buy because the All-Electric-Raleigh is built around a
      Granada and this paticular Granada has an intact set of transfers/
      decals all ripe for copying.

      http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/4900/granadedecaldh0.jpg

      I purchased the Ladies Roadster because I didn't have a Raleigh in
      this model and because it had a Brooks saddle I wanted to nick for my
      Rudge restoration. I must confess the Gents Raleigh was advertised
      in a nearby town for the past few months and nobody seemed to want
      it....... Well, - it seemed lonely and in need of a good home.

      So that's it, - no more bikes. Stiff upper lip and firm resolve and
      all that. Time to roll up sleeves and get on with the restoration
      work.

      Cheers,

      Annie
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        --- In Bicycle_Restoration@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <Artidomal@...> wrote:
        > ...feel compelled to own every old bicycle I come across.

        Anne, you make it sound like it's a bad thing ;)

        sj
      • Anne
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          No it's not really a bad thing John; - only if I'm running around the
          countryside hunting bicycles, or having them delivered from far away
          by courier and buzzing on the 'Santa Claus Effect', - I won't be
          getting on with rolled up sleeves and spanner stuff that's essential
          to the full enjoyment of an old bicycle. I've decided that Autumn
          and Winter are my workshop seasons and Spring and Summer shall be the
          hunting seasons. However it goes without saying that every month of
          the year is Rudge hunting season and it will only be a Rudge that
          shall stir me to break my vows...... or perhaps any bicycle made
          before the 1st World War.... or anything with a block type drive
          chain.... or a prewar NZ manufactured bicycle ..... or....

          Cheers,

          Annie :-)

          --- In Bicycle_Restoration@yahoogroups.com, "John" <old99jh@...>