Are Clisentrent Bikes Any Good?

  • A. Scherzo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi All,

      I’m from beautiful Marysville California right next to the mountains.  It is real nice this time of year so I wanted a new bike.  My old schwinn is pretty.  Its yellow and it says super sport on it, but its heavy and the tires are flat so I wanted a new bike I coud ride around on so my boyfriend wouldn’t have to drive me everywhere.

      My friend Shirley’s husband walked out and she was selling a bunch of his stuff and two of the things she was selling were bikes.  One was her husbands and the other was his dads.  I guess his dad used to ride a lot until he had cancer a long time ago.  Like way back in the 70s.  Anyway Shirl’s husbands bike is a magna mountain bike.  Its nice and comfy and I kind of liked it but the shifter thing didn’t work right and the break was rubbing against the tire.

      The other bike was Jakes dads bike.  Its old but its not that heavy.  Its a lot lighter than the magna.  It has the curvy kind of bars like my schwinn.  It had flat tires too and they had skinny air things on them so we could not pump them up at first with Shirl’s foot pump but then we saw a pump hooked onto the bike and Shirl’s son Wyatt helped us and we got some air in the tires.  I rode it and it was cool except that it is hard to reach the gear shifters because they are way down near the peddles and the wheel.

      Shirl said I could have the magna for 25 bucks or the other bike for 20 because its older.  So I bought the old bike and now I want to find out if it is any good or should I go back and get the magna instead.  The old bike just has some guys name on it I think.  It looks like when a painter puts his name on a painting but I think its just a sticker.  It says Albut Clisentrent or it could be Abbut.  And the last name is hard to read to.  It could say Albut C Eisentrent or something like that.  Have any of you guys heard of that kind of bike before?  I googled the different names I thought it could be but I couldn’t find anything.  The break handles say CAMPAGNOLA on them and the chain shifter in back is a Rally brand shifter.  Is that any good?  Is there any way to move the shifter levers up to my handlebars like I have on my schwinn?

      Can you guys tell me if I should keep this bike or go back to Shirl and tell her I want the manga instead?  I like this one alot because it is so light so I can ride up big hills.  But if its real old and wont work right ill get the magna instead.

      Thanks a lot.  I hope you guys can help me.

      Your friend,

      AS

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Mark Garvey
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
        yeah, hey, tell ya what.  I willl send you a nice mountain bike.  air in the tires and everything for a swap for that old Eisenwhatsis bike.  Probably not any good anyway being so old and everything.  Besides those skinny tire valves which you can't fill at the gas station eh?  this new bike cost $135 at Target and is nearly new.  My daughter bought it and never rode it.  I ride a different bike.
        how about it?

        Yeah, oh by the way, don't let any of these other clowns tell you it's valuable...this IS April first after all and they like pulling a newbie's chain a little!

        mark
        (The honest.)

        --
        Mark (Mr. WizWheelz!) Garvey