Re: Mercier - Can you identify

  • Eric Amlie
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
      The pics didn't get saved to the website. Could you post them in the
      Photos section, or email them to me at <amliee@...>?

      I have been looking for a Mercier 300 to complement my early seventies
      Gitane Tour de France and Peugeot PX10. I have never seen the Mercier.
      I would really like to see the photos so that I have a good idea of
      what I'm looking for.

      Thanks!
    • motown_mets
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
        per the request I posted some pictures of the Mercier 300 in the photo
        album under Mercier 300 .... it's really a fun bike, has a nice
        character with the french lettering and flamboyant color

        Thanks again to Gary for identifying .... if anyone has online
        resources for me to learn more about this bike I would appreciate it....
        --Kelley

        --- In Bicycle_Restoration@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Amlie" <amliee@...>
        wrote:

        > The pics didn't get saved to the website. Could you post them in the
        > Photos section, or email them to me at <amliee@...>?
        >
        > I have been looking for a Mercier 300 to complement my early seventies
        > Gitane Tour de France and Peugeot PX10. I have never seen the Mercier.
        > I would really like to see the photos so that I have a good idea of
        > what I'm looking for.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Gary
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006

          Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 12:15 PM
          Subject: [Bicycle_Restoration] Re: Mercier - Can you identify

          > I have been looking for a Mercier 300 to complement my early seventies
          > Gitane Tour de France and Peugeot PX10. I have never seen the Mercier.
          > I would really like to see the photos so that I have a good idea of
          > what I'm looking for.

          .
          Once again, the most overlooked french bike of the 70's left out!  Pretty much the same as listed about, but with Campy drop-outs!  The Motobecane Grand record!!!   I better post some pic's of my Black/red one to get some respect!!...LOL

          I too have a PX-10, And a TDF, But my Moto and Stella with the Campy Drop outs are the real deal.!  Whats on my wish list?  The Mercier, Jenuet, or a team Red LeJeune.  Find one 63 CM send it my way!
          Gary
          __,_._Once agaIn,___ G

        • nick kelly
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2006
            french , 60,s shud have a mafac centrepull
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2006
              Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:13 PM

              Thanks very much for the info.....

              it's my mean green machine!

              it looks so french it looks like it can smoke

              --- In Bicycle_Restoration @yahoogroups. com, "Gary" <gkk1011@... > wrote:

              > Yes from my books (1973&1972 consumer guides), it looks like a Model
              300. it sold for $259 new in 73, $225 in 72. both bikes have it
              comming with Mafac racer CP brakes and a steel cottered crank with
              sew-up tires. Simplex Criterium Der's and a leather saddle. By
              comparison a PX10 went for $250, Schwinn voyguer with durace $275,
              Raleigh Comp $235, Motobecane Grand Record with campy record der's
              $240 and a Gitane TOur de france for $250 all in 1973

              > I had a Mercier in 1973, the 200 model, it had to be the coolest
              looking bike i ever had, with a pic of louis poldour(sp?) on the seat
              tube. burgandy paint with hand painted white lugs. Good luck with it,
              they are one of my Fav's
              > Gary Keim

              http://www.usfamily .net/dsl. html - $19.99/mo! ---

            • Eric Amlie
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                Thanks much for posting the photos.
                I'm really surprised that this bike doesn't have an integral rear
                derailleur hanger. I've passed up several of these because I thought
                they were the "200" model because of the lack of it.
              • Gary
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                  almost better that way, the simplex on the PX10 & TDF is a pain,
                  Gary