Univege GranTurism Fork and Headtube Size

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      I have a couple of questions regarding the headtube size of my Gran
      Turismo Fork. My GT is a pretty big bike and I am not sure whether it
      is 60cm, but when I removed the fork to clean it, it was stamped with
      the letter "T" and underneath it the number 6. Rigth next the "T" was
      a "M" and underneath it was the number 58. Do these numbers have
      anything to do with the headtube and bike size? Also by the serial
      number there is not a stamp of the bike size.

      My next question is whether this fork will fit GT's from other years.
      I have a buyer for the fork and his concern it whether it will fit his
      59cm GT and if it's too long can it be cut down?

      Any information would be great.

      Thanks,

      John