Hi, j webb!

  • olesea
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi, j webb!

      So , you have a story on 64 schwinn? sorry for asking , im not a native
      speaker of english, so id like to knwo what is schwinn. Is it related
      somehow with bikes and restoring bikes?

      I ask this cause i join a cycling forum and there they accept all kind
      of information and articles related to cycling and bikes, as long as
      they are useful, topic related or express a new opinion about the
      issues discussed there... so, tell me what is your story about, maybe
      it can be interesting for the members on the forum that i join...
    • Mark Garvey
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2006
        Tres cool J!  I can relate!
        mark
         only mine was a black Typhoon!

        On 1/31/06, j webb <waycoolviper@...> wrote:
         I am 18 and attending college and had to write a story and I wrote about a 64 schwinn. I thought I would share it with the rest of the group. Let me know what ya think

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        --
        Come to the EIEI 06  Velomobile and HPV conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa June 9-11 2006!
        http://vine-ave.com

        Post message: IowaVelomobiles@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: IowaVelomobiles-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      • Mark Garvey
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2006
          On 2/1/06, olesea <olesea_stirbu@...> wrote:
          Hi, j webb!

          So , you have a story on 64 schwinn? sorry for asking , im not a native
          speaker of english, so id like to knwo what is schwinn. Is it related
          somehow with bikes and restoring bikes?

          Hi Olesea:  I am MArk and Schwinn is a brand name of a very popular bicycle in the USA and possibly the ONLY brand for many years!  Or the only QUALITY brand at least.  Particularly in the 1960's  they brought the Sting Ray into the world and were known for sturdy bikes and heavy too.  I had a number of them!  Very good bikes, if heavy and slow!

          mark

        • Jack Barbour
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2006

            Olesea,

            Where do you live and what type bikes are you working with.  I lived in Europe for a few years, and have returned a couple of times.  One thing that always fascinated me was the number of different bicycle manufactures in Europe for utility bikes.  Most of us know the ones made famous in bicycle racing, but there dozens of brands of bicycles made transportation and work task.  I spend a day walking around Amsterdam taking pictures of bikes designed for delivering milk, or beef, or wood.  I saw one where a fellow had a entire carpentry shop carried on his bike and he when house to house doing repair work.  I hope to find an old bike make for a specific task, such as delivering milk or bread and restore it.

            PS.  Your English is fine.

             Jack Barbour

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
              Hi, Mark, thanks for help!
            • Mark Garvey
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
                Hi Olesea!  yes, where ARE you?  and I am fascinated by bikes from other countries too.  If I could manage to do it, I would try to obtain a work bike from the Netherlands myself (alas, too expensive I am afraid!)  I am absolutely amazed at all the kinds of workbikes there can be!  what kind of bike do you ride? and do you ride for pleasure or transportation? (I do both myself)
                mark

                On 2/2/06, olesea <olesea_stirbu@...> wrote:
                Hi, Mark, thanks for help!

                Cycling sock Cycling shorts Cycling accessory
                Cycling tour Cycling clothing Cycling

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Hi,Jack!

                  I am from Europe, (Eastern Europe)and I have never dealt with any kind
                  of unusual bikes. I have tryed only classic, road bikes,especially
                  made in Russia. In my country we don't have a wide variety of
                  bicycles, I mean we don't have bikes designed for delivering milk or
                  wood or whatever, so I am afraid I cannot help you with this. Well,
                  sometimes people attach certain elements to their bicyles and this way
                  they adapt them for different purposes.

                  If you are really interested in such kind of bikes, I can suggest that
                  you reagister on a Cycling forum that I joined.It is a very popular
                  one and there are people from everywhere ( a lot of them are from
                  Europe), so I am sure that you will find someone who can help you.
                  Here is the link: http://www.infohub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190.
                  Check it out!

                  See ya!
                • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 3, 2006
                    --- In Bicycle_Restoration@yahoogroups.com, j webb <waycoolviper@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I am 18 and attending college and had to write a story and I wrote
                    about a 64 schwinn. I thought I would share it with the rest of the
                    group. Let me know what ya think

                    > Bring words and photos together (easily) with

                    I've uploaded j webb's story to the files section as "Schwinn Stingray
                    Christmas Story."

                    Thanks!
                  • j webb
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 4, 2006