New Member //Schwinn collector here

  • vgodar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 9:27 PM
      Hello Group.

      Love collecting old Schwinns.I prefer the early Chicago 10 speeds and
      later Schwinn Japans. I currently have 3, 10 speeds.
      My first collectable( That started this madness) was found in a thrift
      store As-IS yard.
      It is a 1970 Schwinn Varisty 10 speed, Green.(see Schwinn Photo)This
      Bike was as found and all orginal except the tires.Paid $5.00 in 1999
      for this fine bike.It is a tank to say the least(heavy frame)but has a
      nice ride feel.It is near showroom condition.
      The second photo is a Schwinn Letour Tourst 10 speed japan made.Lite
      weight frame and a real speed demon.This was a $10.00 thriftstore find
      just 3 weeks ago. All orginal except the new tires.
      Did some distance rideing with this bike already.Just added a new seat
      since the photo was taken.
      I have another Varisty that will be doing some photo shoots in the
      comming weeks.This one is a 1972 and in brand new showroom
      condition.Paid $15.00 for this one at a 50%off sale(thrift store)in
      2001.
      Need to add decals to the tubing and she will be a show winner.

      Mike
      Phoenix AZ