Re: Sidepull brakes for old school frames/forks

  • freetobike2012
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
      THIS may be more than I want to get into but I did find a solution.
      Tektro A-800 series sidepulls are the nutted style.
      The bolt threading etc. is exactly the same as the quartz (and other dual pivot tektro sidepulls)
      The 800 is $22. for the pair.
      They don't compare to the quartz but..the bolt can be changed out in the quartz thus affording one the better sidepull in a nutted version.

      Most of the nutted versions I spotted (Harris, Universal etc)lack the quick release feature and are a way cheaper version basically made for BMX.

      Rich Mc
      --- In Bicycle_Restoration@yahoogroups.com, Forbes Black <diarmaede@...> wrote:

      > I think it's "da Bay" for you my friend.
      >
      > What reach?  I can look through my bins when I get home
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Forbes

    • Charlie Joyce
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
        Loosescrews.com has Diacomp 500 brakes with non-recessed bolt lengths. Reach is 40 - 55 mm.

        Charlie

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
          http://www.kurtkaminer.com/tektro_nutted_r556.html Is the link that shows the how to for swapping out the tektro sidepull mounting assemblies. I need to convert to the html format
          Rich mc