Re: Back in the Saddle Again

  • kwadek
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, "Ghost Dancer" <sotsw@...>
      wrote:

      > WELCOME BACK!!!
      > I've missed you!
      >
      > Ghost Dancer

      Hi Dancer! I'm in Lubbock these days. You still in Texas?

      Wade
    • Ghost Dancer
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
        > Hi Dancer! I'm in Lubbock these days. You still in Texas?
        >
        > Wade

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Yes, ... for a short time, then I'll bounce between San Antonio Tx. &
        Knoxville Tn.

        I have a trike (But the Doctor says I still not able to ride?) that I'm
        about to build into an electric.

        I'm looking into the Phoenix Cruiser hub motors. I like the rear wheel
        unit. It will work nicely on my trike.
        What I haven't decided on is the controller. 4840? Or 7240?
        http://www.electricrider.com/crystalyte/phoenix.htm

        And I'd like to add a second motor to the front, co-phased together.
        This can be done, but I'm not sure if it will be worth the extra expence.
        The main battery pack will use U1 case batteries @ 32Ahr Each.
        A secondary set would be to use 12 Ahr or 18Ahr batteries.
        If weight gets to be an issue, a few sets of 12Ahr's don't weigh much.
        If I get to use a base camp set-up, I could swap-out sets from charger
        to bike on a daily basis.
        Expected range of 12Ahr batteries is 20 miles @ average speed.
        The 18Ahr has a high reserve capacity and is guessed at 50 miles.
        The 32Ahr battery is a total guess. No one hs used such a large battery
        before. A guess would be some where around 150 miles or better. With a
        re-charge by genset in 4 to 6 hours.
        Dancer
      • kwadek
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
          ..> wrote:

          > > Hi Dancer! I'm in Lubbock these days. You still in
          Texas?

          > > Wade
          > >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          > Yes, ... for a short time, then I'll bounce between San
          Antonio Tx. &
          > Knoxville Tn.
          >
          > I have a trike (But the Doctor says I still not able to
          ride?) that I'm
          > about to build into an electric.
          >
          > I'm looking into the Phoenix Cruiser hub motors. I like the
          rear wheel
          > unit. It will work nicely on my trike.
          > What I haven't decided on is the controller. 4840? Or 7240?
          > http://www.electricrider.com/crystalyte/phoenix.htm
          >
          > And I'd like to add a second motor to the front, co-phased
          together.
          > This can be done, but I'm not sure if it will be worth the
          extra expence.
          > The main battery pack will use U1 case batteries @ 32Ahr
          Each.
          > A secondary set would be to use 12 Ahr or 18Ahr batteries.
          > If weight gets to be an issue, a few sets of 12Ahr's don't
          weigh much.
          > If I get to use a base camp set-up, I could swap-out sets
          from charger
          > to bike on a daily basis.
          > Expected range of 12Ahr batteries is 20 miles @ average
          speed.
          > The 18Ahr has a high reserve capacity and is guessed at 50
          miles.
          > The 32Ahr battery is a total guess. No one hs used such a
          large battery
          > before. A guess would be some where around 150 miles or
          better. With a
          > re-charge by genset in 4 to 6 hours.
          > Dancer

          Sounds good. I'm going to spend some of my retirement funds
          on a Lightfoot recumbent trike with a gas assist engine. With
          a fairing can easily do 25 mph all day. Perfect for what I
          have in mind. They also make gas and electric assist trailers
          to push you along. Are you still RVing or are you camping on
          someone's property?

          Wade
        • ~Karen~
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
            Hi Wade!
            Glad you're finally back! In Lubbock? I've only been there once,
            that was enough... waaaaaaaaay too hot & windy for me! LOL... Any
            idea how long you'll be there?
            ~Karen~, just back from a long weekend!

            "kwadek" <kwadek@...> wrote:
            > I was a member here but made up my mind to try living overseas
            > when I retire. But the dream to live fulltime on the road never
            died, but it's been highly modified.
          • kwadek
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
              --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, "~Karen~" <VanMomKaren@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Wade!
              > Glad you're finally back! In Lubbock? I've only been there once,
              > that was enough... waaaaaaaaay too hot & windy for me! LOL... Any
              > idea how long you'll be there?
              > ~Karen~, just back from a long weekend!

              Hi Karen,
              Did I never tell you about Lubbock?!! Been here for 19 months.
              And with a little luck I'll be in San Angelo in a month. Will know
              Friday night. Lubbock...argh!!!

              Wade
            • VanMomKaren
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
                *NO*, you didn't!!! LOL... just told me about Argentina & I'm still waiting
                for pictures of nieces! LOL...

                Ahhhhhh, now I've heard San Angelo is super! Good luck, hope you get it!

                ~Karen~

                From: "kwadek" <kwadek@...>
                > Hi Karen,
                > Did I never tell you about Lubbock?!! Been here for 19 months.
                > And with a little luck I'll be in San Angelo in a month. Will know
                > Friday night. Lubbock...argh!!!
              • kwadek
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2008
                  --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, VanMomKaren <VanMomKaren@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Ahhhhhh, now I've heard San Angelo is super! Good luck, hope you
                  get it!

                  > ~Karen~

                  Got the job! Should be there by October. RV park I'll be living in
                  is on a lake and 1 mile from work. Can't wait!

                  Wade