Find this site on Yahoo Groups

  • susaneshaver
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
      Finally I found your site again. It's wonderful. I'm not a bike
      camper now - but a wannabe for sure. It gives me great daydreams!

      Several weeks ago I came across this group site when lookinmg for
      vandwellers - and this popped up too. Then I tried to look for it next
      time in the Yahoo Group search page - did you know it's not findable
      that way? I looked under bicycle, camper, etc. How about making it so
      people can find it through the Yahoo Group page?

      Back to daydreams ofo bicycle camping.

      Susan in da UP
    • Ghost Dancer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
        How about making it so
        > people can find it through the Yahoo Group page?

        That is another Yaphooy thing.
        I still don't get the reasoning behind them!

        The reason that this group comes up under a VanDwellers search is
        that the two groups have the same founder.

        {Ghost Dancer}

        As does ECV_Tech & A_Van_Dwellers_Life but, for some reason they do
        not come up???
        Yaphooy!??

        ECV_Tech is about to be deleted. I spent two years as an ECV Tech
        for SeaWorld San Antonio (Texas), thus my knowledge of DC drive
        systems for E-Bikes.

        In the next 30 days I'll make the transition from SeaWorld to L&D
        Knox Trucking.
        I'll go from #1 pee-on, blacksheep of my dept. to Lead Driver & Yard
        Manager in charge of all Trucks & Logistics {to & from} Toyota
        Manufacturing of Texas.

        SeaWorld (management) constantly be-littled my lifestyle & actualy
        de-moted me because of it. (I know that is illegle, but it was the
        least of the illegle things that they do daily!)

        L&D salutes my lifestyle & finds it exeptional & honorable!

        With L&D I hope to earn enough income to support my R&D of camp gear
        & still have the time to camp.
        (No more 60 to 80 hour WEEKS [6 work days, you sleep through the
        7th.] that pay an hours wage for every hour worked. I.E. overtime
        does not exist at SeaWorld!)

        L&D looks to be more Safety minded.
        I got out of trucking 5 years ago to improve my health.
        In the 4.5 years at SeaWorld I have been injured 6 times.
        4 of those have left me partiialy disabled.
        The last injury, 8-1-06 golf cart roll over, left me unable to ride
        a bicycle.
        (This happened while I was in training for the MS 150 "Bike to the
        Beach" ride.)
        I was a {rear seat} passenger on the cart.
        Right leg {ankel} crush & roll injury. Broke nothing but creative
        mangeling of everything.

        I'm walking again, sort of ... but riding any time soon? Not
        happening!

        Ghost Dancer