Re: teardrop camper - additional posting

  • foothillbilly
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4 4:05 PM
      Hi Phil,

      Since I see no responses to your posting, I thought I'd post. I do not have the know-how or other resources to build a trailer myself, but if I could get the money, I would buy one. There are others, but here is a link to a ready-made bicycle camping trailers. http://store.kamprite.com/home.php?cat=250

      Calvin

      --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, "syh_phil" <syh_phil@...> wrote:

      > I work on a mac and I guess that quote marks do not transfer.
      > The sentence should read... I think my motto for the build is going to be...
      > IT must take up zero space.
      > IT must weight nothing.
      >
      > Sorry, Phil.
      >
      > --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Michaelis <syh_phil@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Newbie:

      > > just found your great site yesterday, joined and read all the back posts. I’m
      > > retired and living in central Texas. When I retired I gave up my car (car free)
      > > and bought another recumbent trike. I have been thinking of doing some touring
      > > with a camping trailer. I have in mind a teardrop camper, I would like to build
      > > and pull behind the trike. I am thinking a pop-up car style camper but much
      > > much smaller. I think my motto for the build is going to be “IT’ must take up
      > > zero space”, “IT’ must weight nothing”. Could you all give me some pointers of
      > > what would be nice to have in a bike camping trailer beside the bed?  Let your imaginations run wild. Thanks
      > > to all for your help and thanks for the site.
      > >
      > > Phil.

    • “Dancer”
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6 4:47 PM
        What to put into a trailer other than a bed?
        How high is your tech level?
        Some small electronics to be recharged?
        You may want to build in a solar electric panel into the roof? And a recharge battery to collect the energy into the lowest area.
        If you carry your gear on the bike, it is often best to carry the weight there. But often the bicycle teardrop trailers are built with the kitchen area to the front. This distributes the weight forward and creates a wedge effect to make the trailer more aerodynamic.
        GD