British Pathe website offers interesting bicycle/trailer video and other stuff

  • .
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      I stumbled onto this site and found some really interesting short films, kind of like info-mercials. It is called British Pathe and has hundreds of little tidbit videos of many subjects of interest. It seems the British word "Caravan" uncovers a lot of information when you use it as a search. Here are a few fun little videos for you to watch. I thought they kind of inspired building a small trailer for bicycle pulling.

      Bicycle camper unit powered by two bicycles (silent, circa 1939)
      http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=26786

      I liked this short video because it inspires ideas to custom build (sound circa 1961)
      http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=37233

      WHERE MY CARAVAN IS RESTED 1929 (silent, circa 1929)
      http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=11053

      MOTORCYCLE CARAVAN (issue title is ONE FOR THE ROAD) (sound, circa 1939)
      http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=37117

      Here's also the main home page web address for British Pathe
      http://www.britishpathe.com/index.php

      I hope you enjoy it. :)