"Omnibus Land Act of 2008" Understand the proposed use of your public lands

  • david h SCd
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2008
              I know that we all are concerned about availability of public lands for public use.  Although we may not agree on what/how should be "used"/"protected".  This will change the use management of our public lands.

              This is a link to the Google search for "Omnibus Land Act of 2008".  <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_en___US232&q=%22Omnibus+Land+Act+of+2008%22&btnG=Search>

             I received the following on another of my forums.

      I know you are concerned about closures of our public lands. The Omnibus Land Act of 2008 is a massive land grab bill that will lock up millions of additional acres of public land, close thousands of miles of recreation trails, harm already struggling rural economies, further reduce renewable resource harvesting, be detrimental to forest health by eliminating all forest management, restrict property rights and hamstring energy exploration in the United States.

      If there were awards for bad legislation this bill might take first, second & third, but unless more people speak up it is likely to pass. Please take two minutes to submit a pre drafted letter to legislators opposing this bill by clicking below

      Please share this email with your lists and post it on blogs

      ~Thanks your friends at www.SaveTheTrails.us

              Please take a look at the Google search links, and your trusted sites, then take a stand.

      david h    <><