Bicycle Camper

  • Ghost Dancer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
      Not a motor-cycle camping group.
      The name of the group is "Bicycle Camper" but, somehow Yaphooy screwed
      that up.

      I'd love to go totaly human powerd, but I'm not that strong, YET!
      So, Electrified bicycles, mopeds, and small motorbikes tend to be the
      mainstays of my ideas.

      The idea is that a person could build a portable cabin, mount it on a
      trailer, and pull it around like a small RV.
      More than a tent in a trailer, a foldable cabin.
      Made from wood and canvas, when erected it should not look like a tent.
      Erecting & folding up should be quick & easy, like a tent folding into
      a case.
      The resulting case should attatch to a custom trailer.

      The cabin, when erected, should house; a bed, shower facility, a
      dressing area and; a small living space to keep you out of the
      elements.

      An intresting challenge?
      As a guy who live's in his car, this may become my only out, if I
      chose to go "car free"!

      I have built a cabin lioke this before. But can I do it again?

      Ghost Dancer
    • introvertwoman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007
        Whatever happen to this idea "portable cabin"

        --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, "Ghost Dancer" <sotsw@...> wrote:

        > Not a motor-cycle camping group.
        > The name of the group is "Bicycle Camper" but, somehow Yaphooy screwed
        > that up.
        >
        > I'd love to go totaly human powerd, but I'm not that strong, YET!
        > So, Electrified bicycles, mopeds, and small motorbikes tend to be the
        > mainstays of my ideas.
        >
        > The idea is that a person could build a portable cabin, mount it on a
        > trailer, and pull it around like a small RV.
        > More than a tent in a trailer, a foldable cabin.
        > Made from wood and canvas, when erected it should not look like a tent.
        > Erecting & folding up should be quick & easy, like a tent folding into
        > a case.
        > The resulting case should attatch to a custom trailer.
        >
        > The cabin, when erected, should house; a bed, shower facility, a
        > dressing area and; a small living space to keep you out of the
        > elements.
        >
        > An intresting challenge?
        > As a guy who live's in his car, this may become my only out, if I
        > chose to go "car free"!
        >
        > I have built a cabin lioke this before. But can I do it again?
        >
        > Ghost Dancer

      • Ghost Dancer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
          --- In Bicycle_Camper@yahoogroups.com, "introvertwoman"
          <trublueforever88@...> wrote:

          > Whatever happen to this idea "portable cabin"
          >

          > > I have built a cabin like this before. But can I do it again?
          > >
          > > Ghost Dancer

          Actualy, I ~DO!~ still plan to build such a shelter. And rather soon at
          that.
          It crosses my mind several times eack week.
          Always refineing it, working out some detail.
          Ahh, the things you think of just to stay awake while at the wheel!
          You see, at this time in my life, I'm stuck here in this job. Driving a
          truck "Over The ROAD"! About 3500 miles each week.

          Soon I'll come back in, in off the ROAD.
          I'll build then.
          Both my cabin & my life!

          Ghost Dancer
        • david h
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2007
            Two kickstands - $3.00
            Two pedals - $1.98
            Five derailleurs - $16.50
            Over 100 Speeds - Priceless

            Ok, OK - It doesn't fold, it isn't a trailer, there is no shower, but look it is a Bicycle Home!