Re: [TruthorTradition] Does it matter what one believes for salvation?

  • Molly Chandy
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Steve,
      Wonderful question. Let us see if any one would dare to answer that.
      molly

      Message 44 of 44 , Nov 10, 2008
        It's ledbyhisbook!

        The Lord Jesus Christ has been in me since Sept. 2nd, 1984.

        1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits
        whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out
        into the world." The ONLY standard Bible believers have for trying
        the spirits is the written words of God, The Authorized King James
        Bible.

        Psalm 12:6-7 " 6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver
        tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

        7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this
        generation for ever." God PROMISED Bible believers they would ALWAYS
        have a copy of His written words.

        Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth;
        but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest
        observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou
        shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

        John 17:17 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

        2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman
        that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

        So Mr. Jack, I WILL believe God's written words, The Authorized King
        James Bible.

        --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, JACK HIGGINS
        <mourice65red@...> wrote:

        > Hi Led
        >    Old Testament. The Holy Spirit did not work with man from
        within, and only worked with certain individuals, who then passed on
        what had been given to them. Not everyone in the OT recieved the word
        of God, directly from God.
        >    NT, everyone who believes, has the Holy Spirit within, all
        believes have a direct link to God, through Jesus. The word of God
        can be delieved to every believer directly from God.
        >    If the Holy Spirit is in one, then any spirit that comes
        againest one is not from within, but from outside. Temptation is not
        from within, although at times it does seem that way. The spirit we
        are to test, is the spirit that comes aginest us from outside, not
        inside. Certainely if we have an evil spirit in us, we have rejected
        the Holy Spirit already.
        > Hebrews 4:12 = The word of God, a two edged sword. The word of God
        heard by the unbeliever, perhaps delieved by you, can do all the
        things said, in the verse. The word of God within, delieved by the
        Holy Spirit is our conscience. The word of God works in two ways,
        from within, and without.
        > 1 John 4:1 = Testing the spirit. Where does John say the spirit we
        are to test is? in false prophets, and where are the prophets? Gone
        out into the world. Nothing about testing the spirit within.
        >    Search the scriptures, as directed by the deciples. The OT
        scriptures, Was Jesus the Messiah, was He the fulfillment of the OT
        prophets, and the law. That's what they were teaching. And the
        scriptures were fulfilled in the person of Jesus the Christ. The
        scriptures must be fulfilled by Jesus. The scriptures were not
        fulfilled by the scriptures, being in the scriptures does not fulfill
        the promise of salvation, being in Christ does. So Mr. ledbythebook,
        put you faith in the book if you like, I will put my faith in Christ,
        who is always in me, I may not always have a copy of the book.