Re: Textual Criticism, The Trinity And The Torah

  • Ross J Purdy
    Message 1 of 181 , May 1 2:02 AM
      Hi Don,

      dontheyounger wrote:
      > ....He said in a question-and-answer session later
      > (or rather, my understanding of what he said) was that "resurrection"
      > was a word the disciples used to refer to whatever transcendent
      > experience they had. .... The point being, that "resurrection"
      > was a symbol for something other than the literal resurrection of Jesus
      > Christ from the dead after his actual death into a glorified body.
      >
      > So when he says he believes in the resurrection, what exactly does that
      > mean?

      Ha! It means he is really a Buddhist masquerading as a Christian! But he
      is not fooling the fundamentalists and many others not one bit! ;^)

      The sheep know the master's voice and Spong's impersonation still sounds
      like a wolf growling.

      In Christ,
      Ross Purdy
    • apostolic40
      Message 181 of 181 , Jul 16, 2008

        Norman Wrote previously:  What do you believe I mean when I say I do not keep the law?

        Sea:  This is a dumb question.  Are you expecting me to read your mind and guess which laws you do keep and which you don't?  That is not my job.  You know what you mean. The only law I can be sure that you don't keep is the fourth commandment.  Apart from that I don't know nor is it my business.

        Norman: How can you be sure that I do not keep the Sabbath? We have been through this before; it has already been established that a man-made law changes the day many Sabbath keepers calculate and keep their Sabbath. I keep one day out of every seven and I believe the only thing you know for sure is that I do not claim to keep the Sabbath.

        You call me and other lawbreakers because we observe a man-made law that change the Sabbath by one day. My question is, why do those who claim to keep the Sabbath, observe a man-made law and change the Sabbath by one day, without breaking the law. It sound like the pot is calling the kittle black.

        Norman your post is far too long and I have the flu so I will sign off here.  We seem to be going around in circles anyway.  It is not for me to guess at what you believe.

        Norman: I do hope you are feeling better now. I have had the flu and it is no fun. I apologize for the long post and I understand how difficult to try concentrate when we feel bad.

        Thank you for you comments and wishing you good health,

        Norman