Re: [TruthorTradition] NKJV

  • Amanda Ottaway
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
      That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the Trinity.

      bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@...> wrote:
      Does anyone use this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
      stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.

      Joyfully His,
      Mandi

      "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

      Yahoo! Sports
    • GMS

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
          Dear George and all,

          Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and shows
          the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come from,
          God or man?

          rs

          --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...> wrote:
          > Hmmm... The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol? Why is that?
          >

          > In Christ, George...
          >

          > Amanda Ottaway <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
          > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the Trinity.
          >
          > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote: Does anyone use
          this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
          > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.
          >

          > Joyfully His,
          > Mandi
          >
          > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
          Philippians 4:13
          > My Blog

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Sports
        • Stephanie
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
            The symbol is known as a 'triquetra' that is derived from ancient
            Celtic knotwork & adopted by Christians around St. Patrick's time as
            a symbol of the Trinity(Father, Son, & Holy Spirit).

            Love in Christ,
            Steph

            --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Ottaway
            <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
            > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the Trinity.
            >
            > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:Does anyone use
            this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
            > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > Joyfully His,
            > Mandi
            >
            > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
            Philippians 4:13
            > My Blog
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Sports
          • Randy H. Johnson
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
              The Bible does not say the word "grandfather". Grandmothers are
              mentioned in Timothy, but the word "grandfather" is never used in any
              book of the Bible, therefore grandfathers are unscriptural and not of
              God.

              Randy J

              --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, "bad_to_the_bone79"
              <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:

              > Dear George and all,
              >
              > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and
              shows
              > the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come
              from,
              > God or man?
              >
              > rs
              >
              > --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...> wrote:
              > > Hmmm... The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol? Why is
              that?

              > > In Christ, George...
              > >

              > > Amanda Ottaway <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
              > > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the
              Trinity.

              > > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote: Does anyone use
              > this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
              > > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.
              > >

              > > Joyfully His,
              > > Mandi
              > >
              > > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
              > Philippians 4:13
              > > My Blog

              > Service.

              > > ---------------------------------
              > > Yahoo! Sports
              > > Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football
            • GMS
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
                Good point rs.

                In Christ,  George...

                bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@...> wrote:

                Dear George and all,

                Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and shows
                the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come from,
                God or man?

                rs

                --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...> wrote:
                > Hmmm...  The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol?  Why is that?
                >

                > In Christ,  George...
                >

                > Amanda Ottaway <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
                > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the Trinity.
                >
                > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote: Does anyone use
                this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
                > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.
                >

                > Joyfully His,
                > Mandi

                > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
                Philippians 4:13
                > My Blog

                Service.

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • GMS
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1, 2005
                  Wow!  I didn't know that.  Us grandfathers are really missing out. lol...

                  In Christ,  George...

                  <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:

                  > Dear George and all,
                  >
                  > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and
                  shows
                  > the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come
                  from,
                  > God or man?
                  >
                  > rs
                  >
                  > --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...> wrote:
                  > > Hmmm...  The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol?  Why is
                  that?

                  > > In Christ,  George...
                  > >

                  > > Amanda Ottaway <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
                  > > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the
                  Trinity.

                  > > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote: Does anyone use
                  > this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
                  > > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.
                  > >

                  > > Joyfully His,
                  > > Mandi
                  > >
                  > > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
                  > Philippians 4:13
                  > > My Blog

                  > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  > Service.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Tim H
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 2, 2005
                    Randy,

                    Grandfather defined: a male ancestor; forefather

                    The word 'forefathers' is used in both the Old
                    and New Testaments:

                    Jeremiah 11:10 They are turned back to the iniquities
                    of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words;

                    II Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my
                    forefathers with pure conscience, that without
                    ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers
                    night and day;

                    Love in Christ,
                    Tim H

                    > Randy J wrote:
                    > The Bible does not say the word "grandfather". Grandmothers
                    > are mentioned in Timothy, but the word "grandfather" is never
                    > used in any book of the Bible, therefore grandfathers are
                    > unscriptural and not of God.
                    >
                    > Randy J
                    >

                    > > RS wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Dear George and all,
                    > >
                    > > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity
                    > > and shows the symbol that represents it? If not, then where
                    > > does it come from, God or man?
                    > >
                    > > rs
                    > >

                    > > > GMS wrote:
                    > > > Hmmm... The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol?
                    > > > Why is that?
                    > > >
                    > > > In Christ, George...
                    > > >

                    > > > Amanda wrote:
                    > > > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of
                    > > > the Trinity.
                    > > >

                    > > > RS wrote:
                    > > > Does anyone use this bible and if so, do a search on
                    > > > the symbol stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's
                    > > > attack on God's word.
                  • GMS
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 2, 2005
                      Thanks Tim.  You saved the day.  Now I'm a biblical grandfather. lol..

                      In Christ,  George...

                      Tim H <timh_2005@...> wrote:
                      Randy,

                      Grandfather defined:  a male ancestor; forefather

                      The word 'forefathers' is used in both the Old
                      and New Testaments:

                      Jeremiah 11:10 They are turned back to the iniquities
                      of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words;

                      II Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my
                      forefathers with pure conscience, that without
                      ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers
                      night and day;

                      Love in Christ,
                      Tim H

                      > Randy J wrote:
                      > The Bible does not say the word "grandfather".  Grandmothers
                      > are mentioned in Timothy, but the word "grandfather" is never
                      > used in any book of the Bible, therefore grandfathers are
                      > unscriptural and not of God.
                      >
                      > Randy J
                      >

                      > > RS wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Dear George and all,
                      > >
                      > > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity
                      > > and shows the symbol that represents it? If not, then where
                      > > does it come from, God or man?
                      > >
                      > > rs
                      > >

                      > > > GMS wrote:
                      > > > Hmmm...  The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol?
                      > > > Why is that?
                      > > >
                      > > > In Christ,  George...
                      > > >

                      > > > Amanda wrote:
                      > > > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of
                      > > > the Trinity.
                      > > >

                      > > > RS wrote:
                      > > > Does anyone use this bible and if so, do a search on
                      > > > the symbol stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's
                      > > > attack on God's word.

                      Yahoo! Sports

                    • Randy H. Johnson
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 2, 2005
                        --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, "Tim H" <timh_2005@e...>
                        wrote:
                        > Randy,
                        >
                        > Grandfather defined: a male ancestor; forefather
                        >
                        > The word 'forefathers' is used in both the Old
                        > and New Testaments:
                        >
                        > Jeremiah 11:10 They are turned back to the iniquities
                        > of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words;
                        >
                        > II Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my
                        > forefathers with pure conscience, that without
                        > ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers
                        > night and day;
                        >
                        > Love in Christ,
                        > Tim H
                        >

                        > > Randy J wrote:
                        > > The Bible does not say the word "grandfather". Grandmothers
                        > > are mentioned in Timothy, but the word "grandfather" is never
                        > > used in any book of the Bible, therefore grandfathers are
                        > > unscriptural and not of God.
                        > >
                        > > Randy J
                        > >

                        > > > RS wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Dear George and all,
                        > > >
                        > > > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity
                        > > > and shows the symbol that represents it? If not, then where
                        > > > does it come from, God or man?
                        > > >
                        > > > rs

                      • Rev. Calvin C. White
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 8, 2005
                          It is not the original symbol of the Trinity. It is satanic.

                          In His Service,

                          Rev. Calvin C. White, Pastor
                          Open Door Baptist Church
                          P.O. Box 511
                          Geraldine, AL 35974-0511
                          Phone 256-506-5451
                          E-mail: odbcgeraldine@...
                          Church Website: www.ourchurch.com/member/o/open-door-g
                          Ministry Homepage:
                          www.angelfire.com/ab2/MtnsofGraceMinistry/index.html
                          Profile: http://profiles.yahoo.com/i_am_an_on_line_pastor

                          <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
                          > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the Trinity.
                          >
                          > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:Does anyone use
                          this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
                          > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's word.

                          Service.

                          > ---------------------------------
                          >

                          > Joyfully His,
                          > Mandi
                          >
                          > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
                          Philippians 4:13
                          > My Blog
                          >

                          > ---------------------------------
                          > Yahoo! Sports
                        • Harry
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 11, 2005
                            Bad,
                            It doesn't matter if the word is there. The matter is if the basic
                            theology of One God, eternally existing in 3 'persons' of The
                            father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, is in the Bible.
                            Descriptions are all right. The Bibvle does not say one cannot
                            give a belief a title, or word to describe it.
                            That is not the issue, and it really shouldn't even be an issue at
                            all.
                            Jehovah's Witnesses and others like to use that one, too. Their
                            words like kingdom hall isn't in the Bible, notr is the term "twig"
                            as in twig meetings of one controversial non-Trinitarian group, the
                            Way International.
                            Take care.
                            Harry

                            <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:

                            > Dear George and all,
                            >
                            > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and
                            shows
                            > the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come
                            from,
                            > God or man?
                            >
                            > rs
                            >
                            > --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...> wrote:
                            > > Hmmm... The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol? Why is
                            that?

                            > > In Christ, George...
                            > >

                            > > Amanda Ottaway <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
                            > > That's not true. That symbol is the original symbol of the
                            Trinity.

                            > > bad_to_the_bone79 <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote: Does anyone
                            use
                            > this bible and if so, do a search on the symbol
                            > > stamped on the bible. It is proof of satan's attack on God's
                            word.

                            > > Joyfully His,
                            > > Mandi
                            > >
                            > > "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
                            > Philippians 4:13
                            > > My Blog

                            > Service.

                            > > ---------------------------------
                            > > Yahoo! Sports
                            > > Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football
                          • bigya2005
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 11, 2005
                              bad,

                              are you serious? you don't accept the doctrine of the trinity
                              because you don't find that word in the bible? here are some other
                              words you won't find either:

                              bible
                              Christmas
                              Easter
                              altar call
                              sinner's prayer
                              communion
                              incarnation
                              rapture
                              (shall i go on?)

                              in Christ,

                              tad

                              <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:

                              > Dear George and all,
                              >
                              > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and
                              shows
                              > the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come
                              from,
                              > God or man?
                              >
                              > rs
                              >
                              > --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...> wrote:
                              > > Hmmm... The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol? Why is
                              that?

                            • Amanda Ottaway
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 12, 2005
                                Actually Tad, the word Easter is in the KJV...although it's a poor translation for passover.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 12, 2005
                                  very true. just another of the (small) errors in the KJV.

                                  in Christ,

                                  tad

                                  <praisingfool@y...> wrote:
                                  > Actually Tad, the word Easter is in the KJV...although it's a poor
                                  translation for passover.

                                  > bigya2005 <bigya@c...> wrote:bad,
                                  >
                                  > are you serious? you don't accept the doctrine of the trinity
                                  > because you don't find that word in the bible? here are some other
                                  > words you won't find either:
                                  >
                                  > bible
                                  > Christmas
                                  > Easter
                                  > altar call
                                  > sinner's prayer
                                  > communion
                                  > incarnation
                                  > rapture
                                  > (shall i go on?)
                                  >
                                  > in Christ,
                                  >
                                  > tad
                                  >

                                  > --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, "bad_to_the_bone79"
                                  > <bad_to_the_bone79@y...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Dear George and all,
                                  > >
                                  > > Can you show me where in the bible it says the word trinity and
                                  > shows
                                  > > the symblo that represents it? If not, then where does it come
                                  > from,
                                  > > God or man?
                                  > >
                                  > > rs
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In TruthorTradition@yahoogroups.com, GMS <gms4934@y...>
                                  wrote:
                                  > > > Hmmm... The symbol for the trinity is a pagan symbol? Why is
                                  > that?

                                  Service.