How's It Going? :-)))™ for Tuesday, 2-01-05, Celebrating Each Day of B lack History Month By Learning & Sharing Cultures

  • W.D. Patterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      What Are We Commissioned Not To Do As Servants?

      Tell A Friend or Loved One About: "How's It Going? :-)))�"

      Knowing, Believing, & Trusting In God's Word Is The Beginning of the
      Eternal Relationship...

      February 1st

      The Call of God

      Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel . . .
      �1 Corinthians 1:17

      Paul states here that the call of God is to preach the gospel. But remember what Paul means by "the gospel," namely, the reality of redemption in our Lord Jesus Christ. We are inclined to make sanctification the goal of our preaching. Paul refers to personal experiences only by way of illustration, never as the end of the matter. We are not commissioned to preach salvation or sanctification�we are commissioned to lift up Jesus Christ (see John 12:32 ). It is an injustice to say that Jesus Christ labored in redemption to make me a saint. Jesus Christ labored in redemption to redeem the whole world and to place it perfectly whole and restored before the throne of God. The fact that we can experience redemption illustrates the power of its reality, but that experience is a byproduct and not the goal of redemption. If God were human, how sick and tired He would be of the constant requests we make for our salvation and for our sanctification. We burden His energies from morning till night asking for things for ourselves or for something from which we want to be delivered! When we finally touch the underlying foundation of the reality of the gospel of God, we will never bother Him anymore with little personal complaints.

      The one passion of Paul�s life was to proclaim the gospel of God. He welcomed heartbreak, disillusionment, and tribulation for only one reason�these things kept him unmovable in his devotion to the gospel of God.

      "How's It Going? :-)))� " for your daily convenience, at:
      Groups/Devotionals

      Authorized By The Oswald Chambers Publications Association, Ltd.
      My Utmost for His Highest Daily Devotional is provided by RBC Ministries
      � 2003 RBC Ministries�Grand Rapids, MI 49555-0001
      Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright � 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
      ----------------------------

      "There is no other way under the heavens! Learning how to trust, and continuing to trust in God is the only way to get ready for the things we're not ready for. Have you NOT learned that vital personal lesson yet?" �wDp

      During a lifetime of service, the distinguished African-American scientist George Washington Carver honored God by obeying His call. He has left a rich legacy and lasting example for us all. �David McCasland

      Oh, make me, Lord, so much like Thee,
      My life controlled by power divine,
      That I a shining light may be
      From which Thy grace may ever shine. �Robertson

      A life lived for God leaves a lasting legacy.

      �2003 RBC Ministries--Grand Rapids, MI 49555
      -----------------------------
      Expressly Shared by:

      Min. W.D. Patterson
      OutReach Ministries, USA�
      P.O. Box 30505
      Seattle, WA 98113-0505
      &
      House Of Mercy, c/o: Theola Barrow, Dir.
      1532 3rd Ave
      Columbus, GA 31901

      Min. W.D. Patterson, Founder & Exec. Dir.: OutReach Ministries,
      USA�

      "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is
      blind."
      Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium (1941) ch. 13
      -Albert Einstein

      NEW PERSONAL MINISTRY OUTREACH SERVICES:
      Try Us At 1-800-ASK-KEEN

      You don't have to be online to use Keen Advice! Connect to an Advisor anytime, from anywhere, by dialing 1-800-ASK-KEEN (1-800-275-5336) from any touch-tone telephone followed by my KEEN personal extension: (See reference below).

      (Drug Addiction/Jail)
      http://www.keen.com/OutReachMin -KEEN personal extension: 0363178
      (Spiritual/Grief)
      http://www.keen.com/OutReachMin -KEEN personal extension: 0363183
      (Thinking About Remodeling & Improving Home?)
      http://www.keen.com/OutReachMin -KEEN personal extension: 0363171
      (NOTIFICATIONS)

      Hoteph- Happy and Blessed New Year to you all!
      The 2005 Petitions for Reparations can be found at:
      http://www.PetitionOnline.com/2005rp/petition.html
      Please pass this link along to all your family and friends!
      ---