Forgive As the Lord Forgave You

  • BibleProphecyOnTheWeb
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
      Similarly as we must come to God to ASK for His forgiveness before He will forgive us (Col.3:13 below), there is no requirement for us to forgive if we are not ASKED for forgiveness by the one who has offended us.

      Yes, we should forgive seventy times seven (Matt.18:21-22 below). But, if we are not ASKED for forgiveness, I do not believe we have a requirement to forgive.

      Obviously the offending party does not believe he or she needs to be forgiven.

      Matt.18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times?

      Matt.18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

      Col.3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

      Patricia © Bible Prophecy on the Web
    • J H
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
        My experience on forgiveness is a result of my sins being
        forgiven by A Loving Theos. If you have been forgiven
        much you will Love much. I was hated by my parents and
        town and the catholic church that i was brought up in. Where
        would i be today if i did not forgive them or if i waited for them
        to ask me to forgive them?
          I would like to share a worldly experiment. 24 woman who were
        abused by their father. When they got mature 12 of them loved
        their father and 12 of them hated their father. Can you tell me
        what cause such interesting results??

         The best to you,
        The best is Christ in us,
          J.H.