ANOTHER COFFEE BREAK: A NEW ONOMA, Part 4

  • Regner Capener
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      Another Coffee Break:

      A New Onoma, Part 4

      February 15, 2013

      Howdy, Howdy, Howdy!

      It's got to be more than 20 years since we first began to introduce the
      truth and the picture of real Ekklesia as it contrasts to the conventional
      idea of "church." For some folks it was pretty controversial but for most
      it was revelatory. It was during that same time frame that the revelation
      of the onoma of the Lord Jesus Christ leaped into our beings. For some
      reason, it has continued to be controversial. Some people are so stuck on
      the "name" that they just can't see what God is doing. They don't seem to
      understand the truth of what John shared in his epistle:

      "We know that when He shall be manifested, we shall be like Him." (I John
      3:2)

      THAT, folks, is the fundamental truth behind the revelation of what John
      wrote otherwise in Revelation:

      "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he
      shall go no more out; and I will write upon him the name (onoma) of my God,
      and the name (onoma) of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which
      cometh down out of heaven from my God; and I will write upon him my new name
      (onoma)!" (Revelation 3:12 KJV)

      This is transformation! This is conversion. This is metamorphosis. This
      is a total shift in our personality, our character, our makeup, our
      nature......AND it is a change of our name! No, I'm not talking about
      changing your name from Lucy to Marie, or Bob to John, or anything like
      that. This isn't what this prophecy is all about. This is what Jesus
      prayed. Hear this in your spirit!

      "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art [merged and immersed] in me,
      and I [am merged and immersed] in thee, that they also may be one [merged
      and immersed] in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
      And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be
      [merged and immersed in] one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in
      me, that they may be made (whole, complete and finished) perfect in one [new
      onoma]; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved
      them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17:21-23, with my amplification)

      Jesus -- in His onoma -- embodied the entirety of the Seven Spirits of God.
      That's where we go (or at least continue to go) with today's discussion.
      Once again, here they are in the order in which we see them revealed in the
      Word.

      1. The Spirit of Judgment and Burning (Isaiah 4:4)

      2. The Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding (Isaiah 11:2)

      3. The Spirit of Counsel and Might (Isaiah 11:2) -- referred to by the
      apostle Paul as: The Spirit of Power

      4. The Spirit of Knowledge and of The Fear of the Lord (Isaiah 11:2) also
      referred to by Paul as: The Spirit of a Sound Mind

      5. The Spirit of Grace and Supplications (Zechariah 12:10)

      6. The Spirit of Truth (see John 15:26)

      7. The Spirit of Glory (see I Peter 4:14)

      Continuing on with our look at the seven Spirits of God, the third spirit
      named in the onoma of the Lord is the Spirit of Counsel and Might.

      The concept of "counselor" is one with which we are much more familiar since
      we generally think of the Holy Spirit in this mode. The Hebrew word used in
      Isaiah's prophecy is et.sah. This word is frequently used by Isaiah in a
      prophetic sense as in: foreknowledge, the faculty of forming plans which are
      carried out exactly; prudence, wisdom: in a more oblique sense, et.sah
      means: the instrument by which one's purpose is carried out. Gebuwrah is
      the Hebrew word for "might," and it represents: strength, fortitude, virtue,
      power. Micah (3:8) uses the word to describe the spirit of the prophet as:
      being strong and intrepid. (Note also that gebuwrah has a companion word,
      gibbowr, which we will take up a little later.)

      These are words and definitions which we can easily see as part of Jesus'
      onoma. It is even easy to see "counselor" within the purview of agape.
      "Might," however, is a little more of a stretch for some people. We all
      know Jesus as being mighty, but considering "might" as integral to agape
      requires some revision to our conventional thinking. It becomes a little
      more understandable when we realize that because there is a specific and
      definite purpose and objective in agape, gebuwrah is the capacity to
      accomplish the purposes established by Jesus Christ from the beginning.

      Were it not for gebuwrah, nothing would have happened with He spoke those
      thunderous words, "Let there be light." The Holy Spirit could have
      continued to brood over the face of the waters for eternity just hoping for
      something to happen. Creation could not have started. The plan for Jesus
      Christ to have a counterpart who would fulfill Him would have simply
      remained a plan.

      There is another side, as well. When the woman with the issue of blood (see
      Matthew 9:20) scrambled through the crowd to simply touch the hem of His
      garment, "Might" went forth. The Greek word which parallels gebuwrah is
      dunamis, normally translated: strength, might, ability, power; the inherent
      power resident in one by virtue of their nature.

      It is this aspect of Jesus' onoma which enables Him to simply speak the word
      (as He did at creation), and see demons flee. There is a force of authority
      inherent in His nature and makeup. That force rules over every other power
      in the universe. It is the authority to which "every knee shall bow, of
      beings in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and every tongue
      confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father."
      (Philippians 2:10-11 -- my translation)

      This is where the difference resides between using the "name of Jesus" as
      some kind of formula, and speaking in His onoma. In Acts 19:13-16, we are
      told of the seven sons of Sceva, who saw Paul casting out evil spirits in
      the onoma of Jesus. They took it as some kind of magical incantation with a
      power that would enable them to exercise the same authority. It wasn't.
      The evil spirits made mincemeat of them.

      Then there is the case of Simon, the sorcerer, (see Acts 8:9-24) a man who
      had practiced various magical arts so as to manipulate the lives of people
      and gain power and respect for himself. In that same mindset thought he
      could buy this power. Peter's response was, "I see that you are in the
      anger of bitterness and the bond of unrighteousness."

      (Note: The Roman Catholic historian, Werner Keller (in his book, THE
      CHURCH AS HISTORY), writes that Simon not only did not repent after Peter's
      rebuke, but that Simon later traveled to Rome, where he foisted himself off
      on many as being "Simon Peter." There he was seized by Roman soldiers,
      crucified, and buried on the hill, Vaticanus (now the site of the
      present-day Vatican.)

      One cannot appropriate this power for themselves. It is not just some
      "force" in the universe, divorced from the makeup and essence of Jesus
      Christ. It is the very life-flow, the virtue, the power, the authority of
      His onoma; and it is freely available to a responsive and obedient Bride
      being transformed by His Paraklete, the Holy Spirit. Though there were
      strict legal implications because of the manner in which his crucifixion
      occurred, it was the force which came forth as He shed His blood on the
      cross which broke the bondage of sin, captivity to Satan, and the power of
      the Law. It was that same gebuwrah/dunamis that reversed the curse upon
      the human race -- or more specifically, upon all who would receive Him and
      the price He paid as the cancellation of the curse.

      It is that same force which must be resident in us as His Bride, otherwise
      we are simply phony "name-sayers." It is that power which demonstrates
      Jesus' authority functioning in a people whom He is conforming to His
      nature, His makeup, His character, His onoma!

      Now, let me take a different approach. Let's look at this Spirit of Counsel
      and Might from an entirely different perspective.

      Proverbs 1:20-32: Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the
      streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the
      gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple
      ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning,
      and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out
      my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have
      called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
      But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I
      also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When
      your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind;
      when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me,
      but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
      For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
      They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore
      shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own
      devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the
      prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall
      dwell safely, and shall be quiet from [the] fear of evil.

      The Spirit of Counsel and Might reproves, rebukes, admonishes and corrects
      us - in love! His purpose in so doing (see Verse 23) is so that He can
      "pour out My Spirit unto you," and so that He can "make known [and bring
      revelation of] My Words unto you."

      Just as there are consequences for rejecting the Spirit of Judgment and
      Burning, so likewise are there consequences that come from rejecting the
      Spirit of Counsel and Might. "Might" establishes the baseline from which
      "Counsel" is provided. "Might" knows the safety that is provided with
      "Counsel" and establishes protective barriers for those who receive and walk
      according to "Counsel's" word - and those protective barriers are designed
      to guard (with force and might) those who do.

      Outside those protective barriers along the path which "Counsel" advises and
      admonishes is a realm of terror and destruction, distress and anguish (see
      Verse 27). "Might" is designed to protect those who walk according to
      "Counsel," but "Might" will not stretch forth a finger to help those who
      choose their own paths contrary to the Word.

      Solomon wraps up this first chapter of Proverbs with the prophetic promise
      and statement that "Whoever listens and obeys me shall dwell safely and be
      quiet from the Fear of Evil." The "Fear of Evil" is the granddaddy of all
      evil spirits. It is the principal driving spirit of fear; and the father of
      the Fear of Man and the Fear of Death.

      The Fear of Evil is the controlling force behind all religion and the
      deception in religion. The root of this fear is that it perceives God as
      hanging a "Sword of Damocles" overhead just waiting for your mistake so He
      can bring it down and destroy you. Thus God is perceived as "evil."

      The corollary is that one must keep certain laws or perform certain acts in
      order to please God. Distortion of God's commands follows, deception sets
      in, and God's Word is automatically disobeyed by the keeping of certain
      lesser commands to the setting aside or ignoring more important commands
      which are rooted in the principle of loving and honoring God.

      Let's see if we can look at a couple of examples of this.

      Which is more important before the Lord:

      (1) To feed and clothe the poor, or to spend time waiting on God?
      Both are important, but is our relationship with the Lord more important to
      Him, or is our religious observance of feeding and clothing the poor of
      greater importance?

      (2) To give gifts to the Lord (sow seed, bring offerings, give to
      missions, etc.) or to reconcile differences between you and another brother
      (or sister) in the Lord? Where is our priority, here? Is giving our
      tithes, offerings, and supporting various missions of greater importance to
      the Lord, or is His focus on having a whole and healthy Ekklesia whose very
      existence becomes salt in the earth?

      (3) To keep and recognize feast days and/or honor the Sabbath, or to
      walk by faith? Is it more important to the Lord that we religiously observe
      the feasts and keep the Sabbath, or is having our faith vested in the Lord
      of Sabaoth of first importance?

      (4) To offer praise and worship to the Lord, or to forgive
      intentional offenses towards you by would-be brethren, or even those not of
      the household of faith?

      Are you getting the picture? Fear causes us to obey the right commands in
      the wrong order. NONE of His commands are unimportant! Feeding the hungry
      or clothing the poor IS a command from the Lord, but it comes AFTER our time
      with the Lord - and as He directs.

      It almost sounds like I'm getting religious here, like I'm trying to
      proscribe strict laws and details of the Law, but that's not what this is
      about! There is an order - a protocol - to our obedience to the Word and
      the Counsel of the Lord. We don't get to pick and choose which commands, or
      which counsel, we will observe and/or the order in which we will follow it.
      Religion tends to justify this disorder "just as long as we keep the Word."
      Nope. That's not the way it works!

      Jesus made it clear that He wasn't interested - and neither was the Father -
      in receiving gifts, offerings, etc. from us UNTIL we resolved issues of
      unforgiveness or offenses between us and fellow-believers. He wasn't saying
      "Go spend your money or give your gifts somewhere else because I won't
      receive them." He WAS saying, "Set those gifts aside UNTIL you have
      resolved the matter between you and your brother. THEN come and bring them
      to me."

      The fear that drives deception is a religious fear, and it is a fear that
      comes upon us when we reject the Spirit of Counsel and Might.

      The promise of the Lord to those who "hearken" (a word which literally means
      "to hear and obey") unto Him is that

      (1) They will dwell safely. They will live their lives in safety
      and protection (see also Psalm 91) from harm and danger, and from attacks of
      the Enemy - both verbal and weapons-based, and from disease, pestilence,
      plague, AND from accidents.

      (2) Their lives will be quiet. (See Psalm 105 and Psalm 91:3) The
      phrase, "noisome pestilence" in Hebrew is the phrase, havvah deber, which
      literally translates to "noisy disorder" or "words, events or things thrown
      into confusion and disarray in the midst of a rushing wind."

      (3) The Fear of Evil will have no power over them. Hence, there
      will be no confusion, no deception, no disarray or disorder in their walk
      along the path directed by the Spirit of Counsel and Might.

      OK, so far?

      There is a another, different dimension of revelation to the way the Spirit
      of Counsel and Might operates, and we'll take that up in our next Coffee
      Break.

      Chuck Pierce once again has a fresh prophetic word, and it is relevant to
      what I've just shared with you:

      "You could easily miss the shift that is going on around you. Do not miss
      the shift that I am bringing into the earth realm above you. I am beginning
      to speak in ways to clarify what you have heard in past seasons. If you will
      listen from Heaven and not walk in the earth, your ears will be clear and
      your eyes will see. I say to you this is the beginning of a new season!

      "This is a time when that which has looked dead will begin to bud - that
      which has looked as if it had no life. Know that I'm going to bring life
      where it looks like there's death. Where there has been death to finances,
      where there's been death to dreams, know that Aaron's rod has budded and
      life has come forth. Do not wait to see the full blossoming, but look for
      the budding, for in the bud know that there is life.

      "This is a season that I'm going to cause the budding to come forth. This is
      a time where you're going to be able to see life where you thought there was
      death. Know that it is only the death to the old. But I say it is the time
      of the budding of the new. Do not miss the new! Do not miss the life that
      I'm causing to come forth, for this is the time that I'm causing the rod to
      bloom and I'm causing the rod to bud. New life has been released in this
      hour.

      "Know Me as Me and who I am, for seeds must fall into the earth for life to
      spring forth. Know Me, for this is a time that from Heaven I am stringing
      and making taut the lines that My word is coming on. I will bring words to
      nations and words to families and words to those who have made mistakes in
      the past. And in one day I will renew their life and their bodies. This is a
      time that I am stringing and causing My word to come. I have stairs up and
      down, ascending and descending, and angelic hosts are coming to redeem your
      past and open up your future."

      Blessings on you!

      Regner

      Regner A. Capener