Put to death for an ox!

  • T@MZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      Put to death for an ox!

      Exodus 21:29 - But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past,
      and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but
      that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner
      also shall be put to death.

      We point to the Sharia Law of the Muslims for being barbaric, but we need
      to understand the Arabs during the time of Mohammad were of that nature; in
      fact Mohammad reined them by bringing some improvement to their lives. The
      world of Mohammad being the Arabic region and its lifestyle, the law is suo
      motu inapplicable to any other region or era. Prima facie every Islamic
      country tampers with the Sharia law and still claims to be implementing the
      Sharia.

      Coming to the Bible what do we have to say about the Mosaic laws? Like in
      today's scripture a man who is warned about the behaviour of his ox and
      does not take precaution should be put to death alone with the ox if the ox
      has killed someone. I do not think this law is applicable even with the
      Jews today. So is the Mosaic Law also like the Sharia applicable only to
      those people at that time and era? Most Christians and theologians believe
      that it is, therefore ignore these scriptures today.

      Understand the Law was given to Moses by the Lord and the Law of God never
      changes. That also does not mean a person should be put to death if his
      animal kills someone.

      Jesus and the Disciples always pointed out that the Jews never worshipped
      God or understood what Moses spoke. It was only during my fourth stage of
      Bible study I realized Jesus did not change anything what the Lord gave
      through Moses but only added grace to it. But you would say there a sky and
      earth difference between what Moses spoke and what Jesus did. That is what
      we see when we go by the letter but when we really understand it we realize
      Jesus only brought out the true understanding of what the Lord spoke
      through Moses.

      This same condition was a given by Jesus but in a different way (Matthew
      18:6) - 'But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in
      me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and
      that he were drowned in the depth of the sea'.

      One would say what is the relation between the two? It is only in Bible
      Word study and Image study that one would understand the relationship
      between this two. That is why John wrote (John 1:17) 'for the law was given
      by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ'.

      In the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, Jesus gives us the true
      understanding of the Law of God given through Moses. What Jesus added was
      only grace to the consequence of the Law, to all those who believe in Him.

      The Lord is telling us today there are many reasons for which we would have
      been put to dire punishment, thing we do not take as serious but because we
      believe in the grace that comes through Jesus Christ, we are saved from the
      consequence of them. But the time we reject His Word we are indirectly
      rejecting Christ and hence would be liable to the consequence.

      [Prayer Starter]

      Lord Jesus, You alone were Christ and in whole the Spirit of God dwelled in
      whole. When you left earth You gave all us a token of the Spirit of Truth
      so that we start to understand your Word as You did and by becoming your
      disciple we grow in your Spirit and thus in understanding. Holy Spirit, we
      pray You open the minds of your people and remove the blindfolds the
      teachings of world have put on their eyes...

      This prayer we make in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      [Reference Scripture]

      Luke 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that
      openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)

      Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto
      you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which
      were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms,
      concerning me.

      John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the
      law? Why go ye about to kill me?

      John 7:21-24

      21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all
      marvel.

      22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of
      Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

      23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses
      should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every
      whit whole on the sabbath day?

      24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

      John 8:5-7

      5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what
      sayest thou?

      6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But
      Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he
      heard them not.

      7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto
      them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

      Matthew 5:17, 21-22

      17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not
      come to destroy, but to fulfil.

      21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not
      kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

      22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a
      cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his
      brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say,
      Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

      --
      T@MZ

      http://www.SavedByFaith.info
      http://www.ToMountZion.com