HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

  • genedash
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      SURFING WITH JESUS

      Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

      Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

      #78701052013

      HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

      To start the New Year many of you had revival and watch night services.
      I chose to have family time with my wife and enjoy being home. Whatever
      you did I hope you included the Lord in it.

      My wife and I began our journey of reading the Bible thru this year. We
      sat down and took turns reading and then had prayer together. We usually
      are so busy that we do our own devotion but I really enjoyed taking time
      to do it together. As we read we found words we can't pronounce so
      we just do like an old preacher did one time when he was reading he said
      I just say hi and fi when I can't say it and move on. We decided
      that we would just use the first letter of the word and move on.

      I hope you are take time to read and study God's word this year. It
      is such a blessing to hide away more in us so that when it is needed the
      Spirit of God can bring it to our remembrance. One thing for sure; we
      are still reminded that in the beginning GOD created the heavens and the
      earth and all that is in it. That's the "big bang" theory I
      believe in. Man can conjure up all the theories he wants but it will not
      change the word of God. And yes, I believe I was made in the likeness of
      God and I don't believe God was a monkey.

      Yesterday, after waiting 10 days to get everything done properly, we
      laid my HERO Robert (BOB) Meeks to rest at the Chattanooga National
      Cemetery. Bob was a Veterans Veteran. His dream of being a career
      Military man was cut short when he lost his legs in Vietnam. However,
      this did not stop him from serving hundreds of people as he worked for
      the State of Tennessee until he retired.

      On Christmas day, Bob received the best present of all of us. He went
      home to be with Jesus. At the service it was cold and sunny, but in a
      tree right beside us was one little precious bird looking down at us us
      like it was making sure we were doing everything right. One family
      member and I got a kick out of it because it was like Bob looking over
      our shoulder.

      So, how's your New Year going? Do you have plans to share the love
      of Jesus with others? This old world is in a mess but in the midst of it
      all we can be the little birdie that looks down and proclaims Jesus to
      all who will receive.

      I just want to proclaim God's word as I did using psalms 100 at
      Bob's celebration Rejoice with me as we read Psalms 100 which I used
      yesterday. Take a moment for Jesus with me.

      Psalm 100 (KJV)

      Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

      2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

      3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not
      we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

      4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with
      praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

      5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth
      to all generations.

      Serve the Lord with gladness this year and be thankful for all he does
      for you.

      REMEMBER

      "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our
      sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9

      .

      Send prayer request to: genedash@...