Re: BibleProphecy Digest Number 605

  • Bruce P - Yahoo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      Kristine,

      We are to be more righteous than the Pharisees, those keepers of the Law.

      Bruce

      Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:09:24 -0000
      From: "Kristina Webb/Luce" <lucewebb@...>
      Subject: Re: WHAT THE COLLAPSE OF THE US DOLLAR WILL MEAN TO THE WORLD

      ---I see you're trying to please God in your own self-righteous
      way. Where do you draw the line when it comes to the Law?
      Evidently you believe the keeping of the Law makes you right with
      God. Well, keep it then. But remember, while you're keeping it,
      that you are cursed if you don't keep every single one of those
      instituted by God Laws. Again: Where do you draw the line?

      Kristine
    • Kristina Webb/Luce
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
        --- Only God, through his indwelling Holy Spirit, can make us
        right. And you're right: We are to be. But it's only because God
        promised that we shall be. He said our sins, though they be like
        crimson, shall be white as snow. I believe it. The Pharisees
        didn't believe it, but I do. Do you?

        Kristine

        In BibleProphecy@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce P - Yahoo"
        <bruceporteous50@y...> wrote:

        > Kristine,
        >
        > We are to be more righteous than the Pharisees, those keepers of
        the Law.

        > Bruce
        >

        > Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:09:24 -0000
        > From: "Kristina Webb/Luce" <lucewebb@y...>
        > Subject: Re: WHAT THE COLLAPSE OF THE US DOLLAR WILL MEAN TO THE
        WORLD

        > ---I see you're trying to please God in your own self-righteous
        > way. Where do you draw the line when it comes to the Law?
        > Evidently you believe the keeping of the Law makes you right with
        > God. Well, keep it then. But remember, while you're keeping it,
        > that you are cursed if you don't keep every single one of those
        > instituted by God Laws. Again: Where do you draw the line?
        >
        > Kristine
      • Sharon Beverly
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
          Hi folks:

          I'm Sharon, a newbie to the list by the invitation of Pat. I live in
          Tampa, Florida with my hubby and 4 kids.
          I've been pursuing eschatology with a fervent hunger for several years
          now. I don't think I've missed a campground yet.....:o)
          I look forward to fruitful dialogue with all of you, and if I may, I'd
          like to ask you a question, Bruce.

          You write: Kristine,

          We are to be more righteous than the Pharisees, those keepers of
          the Law.

          Bruce

          Sharon: And how do we accomplish this [being more righteous]?

          Thanks!

          A sister in Him,
          Sharon

          My Personal Reminders:

          *Being human, we will never agree 100% with one another 100% of the time.
          Remember, be your own Berean.

          *The internet, at best, is a difficult communication medium. Remember, be
          liberal with patience and grace, and provoke not thy brother to wrath, being
          quick to listen and slow to speak.

          "Jas 2:8 ¶ If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou
          shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:"

          "Ga 5:13 ¶ For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not
          liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
          14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love
          thy neighbour as thyself.
          15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed
          one of another."