Love or Bridle

  • T@MZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2012
      Love or Bridle

      Acts 11:20 - And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which,
      when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the
      Lord Jesus.

      When I again got this same scripture I wondered what the Lord wants to
      tell us that I missed. My attention went to the words Cyprus and
      Cyrene, as usual being aware that the names in the Bible were not
      given just for the sake of it, but had meaningful understanding. I was
      surprised when I found the meanings of these words.

      The word Cyprus means 'love', it also has another rendering which
      means to 'blossom' or 'be fertile'.

      The word Cyrene means 'supremacy of the bridle', bridle or hook in the
      Bible symbolizes an object that is used to forcefully bring a being
      into obedience like an ass or oxen and also used to put a being into
      bondage or captivity, or to lead it for the slaughter.

      We see in today's message people of Cyprus and Cyrene preached about
      the Lord Jesus Christ to the ethical Greeks at Antioch. These people
      were people totally into pagan traditions. Surely those who preached
      the Lord Jesus Christ did not teach them scriptures or explain them
      theology but gave them the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

      The Lord is telling us when we give the Gospel to anyone we should
      understand we put the person's life forward into 3 possibilities;

      1) We open a door for God's love and His prosperity to come into
      their lives. That means the anger of God is removed when they accept
      the Gospel of Jesus Christ and they stand to inherit all the promises
      promised through Jesus Christ.

      2) Those that refuse the Gospel and are not children of God stand
      condemned by the Gospel for they have now no excuse for not knowing
      the salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ. They stand to receive a
      greater punishment and many start to see the wrath of God even before
      death.

      3) But then there are those who refuse to accept Gospel but are the
      children of God then the Lord put a bridle in them to bring them to
      obedience and knowledge of Christ. We will find such people's life
      start to become topsy-turvy after we shared the Gospel with them.

      The greatest challenge for us comes is to save the 3rd category of
      people from going through the experience and they preferably being in
      the first category. For this reason we need to pray for those whom we
      go out to give the Gospel for hardening or not hardening the heart
      depends on the Lord and His mercy. So once we claim by faith the grace
      of Jesus Christ into the lives of those we give the Gospel we see a
      better response and acceptance to the Gospel. Those in the 2nd
      category we cannot help it may seem better to not give them the Gospel
      but then if we are not sure we land to loose which is more dangerous.

      [Prayer Starter]
      Lord, we pray your people who have taken your burden know that You
      have not given them to carry the burden all by themselves but have
      also given them a Helper. Lord we pray they realize it is up to You to
      harden a heart or have mercy and bring it to accept You, for only
      those called by You can come to You. Lord, help us to always pray for
      those who we go out to minister...

      This prayer we make in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      [Reference Scriptures]
      Acts 11:18-21
      18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified
      God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance
      unto life.
      19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that
      arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and
      Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
      20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they
      were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord
      Jesus.
      21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number
      believed, and turned unto the Lord.

      Psalms 32:9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no
      understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest
      they come near unto thee.

      Isaiah 30:28 And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to
      the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity:
      and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to
      err.

      2 Kings 19:27-28
      27 But I know thy abode, and thy going out, and thy coming in, and
      thy rage against me.
      28 Because thy rage against me and thy tumult is come up into mine
      ears, therefore I will put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy
      lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.

      Psalms 32:8-10
      8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:
      I will guide thee with mine eye.
      9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no
      understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest
      they come near unto thee.
      10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the
      LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

      Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I have
      mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.

      Luke 4:26 and unto none of them was Elijah sent, but only to
      Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow

      --
      T@MZ

      http://www.SavedByFaith.info
      http://www.ToMountZion.com