The mighty man shall cry there bitterly

  • T@MZ
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2012
      The mighty man shall cry there bitterly

      Zephaniah 1:14 - The great day [period] of the LORD is near
      [approaching], it is near [approaching], and hasteth greatly
      [speedily], the voice [thunder] of the day [period] of the LORD: the
      mighty man [strong man] shall cry there bitterly.

      When people read the scripture which we received today as a message,
      they firstly think this day /period is during the last days (I do not
      know where they place these days, before or after their rapture in
      their table). They assume the problems will be so great that even the
      great and mighty will feel the wrath of God.

      These few days have been getting more and more disappointing for me
      not in my personal life for the Lord has been very favourable to me
      every day in His great mercy. These days every time I look at what is
      happening with the Church (in general across denominations) it is
      very, very sad. In simple words I put it as everyone is on their own
      trip.

      This is not talking just of the Pastors or Church leaders but more
      with the speakers, the preachers which give the Word not only at
      Churches but even on the television. I am talking mainly of those
      'famous' ones whom people have made as semi-gods. It is not that these
      Christian preachers are preaching another Gospel. They are preaching
      well the message of salvation in Jesus Christ but after that they
      shoot in various direction that 360 degrees also is too small to
      comprehend them.

      The more I interact with the top leaders the more depressing it gets.
      It comes to a state of not praying but crying with bitter tears unto
      the Lord. Deception is so great that one does not need to watch out
      for who is misleading but needs to really search for who is actually
      leading on the right path.

      Almost 99.9 percent of the preachers are into recycling. They recycle
      Manna that was given many, many years before. It is not that they do
      not have relationship with the Lord, but it is that the Lord Himself
      is unable to teach them. They are like the Israelites who were during
      the time of Samuel. These people have not made the Holy Spirit their
      teacher but have made man their teacher. The teachers are so
      self-obsessed that hardly 0.1 percent teach people of how to learn
      from the Lord. When I came into the Lord the first thing the Lord did
      is shut me up and told me for nearly a year to just sit with Him and
      learn.

      Among the kings of the people are names like TD Jakes, Bill Johnson,
      Reinhard Bonnke, Benny Hinn, Kim walker, Misty Edwards, Martin Smith,
      Louie Giglio, Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Joyce Meyers and many more.
      Most among these have made people their disciples more than made
      people disciples for the Lord. A simple test is during time of trouble
      if the Lord is put on one hand and these preachers on the other, the
      people will approach these preachers first or run to them first
      instead of the Lord. It is not that they do not trust in the Lord but
      since they do not have a personal close relationship with the Lord
      they are helpless and thus run to these preachers.

      I do not want to discourage people from hearing them or going to these
      people but I do not encourage people to stay with these people also.
      Even if people like Paul were alive today yet the suggestion would be
      the same. Understand everyone, as Paul himself puts leaders are put in
      our lives to develop us at different stages of our spiritual walk of
      life. Can you stick to your nursery school teacher forever just
      because she is good? She herself may have done her masters but
      understand she has the skill to teach the nursery and not the tenth
      class or the college level. Another thing that happens in the churches
      is what happens in many computer institutes here in India, students
      who passed the course and have not got a job are soon found teaching
      the next batches.

      It is so sad (sorry I am using this word often but I am helpless I can
      only think of this word) after giving of the Gospel many of these
      preachers are so lost. The basics of the Kingdom of God are not clear
      to them. I do not say there is no one out there, who does not know,
      but these people who know are very hard to find and surely you will
      not find them on television for the world is so used to hearing the
      distorted understanding that anyone speaking the Truth is side-lined.

      In today's message the Lord is telling us when the period of His wrath
      comes (soon) people like these kings will be the first to experience
      His wrath, for they are more accountable to the Lord since they are
      received much but fame, riches and obsession to blessings has led
      their hearts away from Him. They have become worshippers of the golden
      calf (prosperity and blessings) and not the one Who has given it to
      them.

      [Prayer Starter]
      Lord, the people who You have given to lead your people to You have
      caused your people to focus more on your blessings in this world and
      less on You or your Kingdom the permanent place of their dwelling. It
      will come as a shock to many among us when we land up in Heaven and
      find that we collected very little treasure for ourselves there. Lord,
      your Word says your Fire will destroy all that is wood (of the flesh)
      and only precious pure gold (that which is spiritual) will remain.
      Lord we pray You quicken the time and expose those who are misleading
      and causing great harm unto your people...

      We make this prayer in Jesus' Name, Amen.

      [Reference Scriptures]
      Zephaniah 1:14-18
      14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth
      greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall
      cry there bitterly.
      15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day
      of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day
      of clouds and thick darkness,
      16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and
      against the high towers.
      17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like
      blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood
      shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
      18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them
      in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured
      by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance
      of all them that dwell in the land.

      Romans 1:22-32
      22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
      23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of
      an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and
      creeping things.
      24 Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto
      uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves:
      25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped
      and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for
      ever. Amen.

      2 Timothy 3:1-9
      1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
      2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters,
      proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
      3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers,
      incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
      4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
      5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from
      such turn away.
      6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive
      silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
      7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
      8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist
      the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
      9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be
      manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

      --
      T@MZ

      http://www.SavedByFaith.info
      http://www.ToMountZion.com