APRIL FOOL

  • genedash
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2012
      SURFING WITH JESUS

      Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

      Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com
      <http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/>

      #74604012012

      APRIL FOOL

      Psalm 14:1

      1The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt,
      they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

      Psalm 53:1

      1The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they,
      and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

      An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine
      beings.

      Since its April Fool Day I thought I would share my desire to see the
      "fool" know there is a God.

      Most of you have heard the story of the judge in Florida that snopes.com
      says is false. Snopes.com states however that "The power of
      illustrative anecdotes often lies not in how well they present reality,
      but in how well they reflect the core beliefs of their audience. Here is
      the post."

      In Florida, an atheist became incensed over the preparation for Easter
      and Passover holidays and decided to contact the local ACLU about the
      discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations
      afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while the
      atheists had no holiday to celebrate.

      The ACLU jumped on the opportunity to once again pick up the cause of
      the godless and assigned their sharpest attorneys to the case. The case
      was brought before a wise judge who after listening to the long,
      passionate presentation of the ACLU lawyers, promptly banged his gavel
      and declared, "Case dismissed!"

      The lead ACLU lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and
      said, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? Surely the
      Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances. And the
      Jews — why in addition to Passover they have Yom Kippur and Hanukkah
      . . . and yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!"

      The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said "Obviously your
      client is too confused to know about, or for that matter, even celebrate
      the atheists' holiday!"

      The ACLU lawyer pompously said: "We are aware of no such holiday for
      atheists. Just when might that be, Your Honor?"

      The judge said, "Well, it comes every year on exactly the same date
      — April 1st!"

      The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1, Psalm 53:1

      HOORAY FOR THIS JUDGE

      It is sad anyone would believe there is no God. Therefore I want to
      declare that Jesus is Lord and he died for the sins of even the
      "fool" who proclaims there is no God. I pray on this April 1,
      2012 you repent of your sins and receive Jesus. Then you can celebrate
      Easter next week with Jesus in your heart. In reality I have never
      believed there is a true atheist but I know there is a true GOD.

      REMEMBER

      "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our
      sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9

      <mailto:genedash@...> .

      Send prayer request to: genedash@... <mailto:genedash@...>